Genesis Comfort Care is hiring Personal Support Workers! Genesis Comfort Care is currently seeking energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers (PSW) to join our dynamic team of community caregivers! Our PSW staff will provide individualized care that is sensitive to the patients’ unique needs, providing assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Independent Activities of Daily Living (IADL’s) through a patient-specific assignment working under the direction of and in collaboration with a regulated health care professional. Care will take place in the community, within a patient’s home.
- Provides personal care to the patient (personal hygiene, dressing, incontinence care, etc.)
- Operate clients devices properly and safely (Hoyer lifts, bedpan, etc.)
- Helps with a variety of household tasks (meal assistance, light housekeeping duties, ensuring clients space is tidy etc.)
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional, psychological, support to the patient and family
- Documents information required for each patient visit.
- Adhere to the Genesis Comfort Care policies in all interactions with patients, families or other parties ensuring privacy and confidentiality
- Escalate patient-related issues to supervisors as needed
Benefits of working with Genesis Comfort Care:
- Repetitive clientele. This gives each of our caregivers the ability to work from a client centered perspective by familiarizing themselves with the likes and dislikes of the client, the clients care plan, and the work environment.
- We offer an Employee Benefit Program that includes prescription medications, physical therapists, chiropractors, podiatrists, massage therapists, social workers, and more. This helps you ensure you are able to take care of yourself first.
- We provide flexibility within your shifts. Each client has 2-5 caregivers trained and familiar with the ADL's.
- You will be encouraged to grow with Genesis Comfort Care as a company. We provide internal promotions to those individuals that are looking for professional growth and want to see everyone succeed.
- Competitive wages!
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $18.00-$23.00 per hour
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
- Do you have a reliable vehicle to commute to clients in?
- Personal Support Worker (required)
- CPR/ First aid Certification (required)
- Tuberculosis Screening (required)
- Vulnerable Sector Search within the last 6 months (required)
- Day Shift (required)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-21