Earn $100,000 - $160,000 per year. We also offer a Fuel Subsidy Program: pay only 37.7 cents per litre! That's a yearly value of over $65,000. Plenty of loads and reliable pay for Owner Operators delivering intermodal freight from our Montreal terminal.
CDL Required: MUST have Class 1 Driver License. MUST live within a 90 minute drive of Montreal.
CNTL is a leader in innovation and technology; we are currently adding Owner Operator truck drivers in Montreal to play a key role as part of the supply chain solution for CN Rail. Join our team and increase your business revenue!
If you’re ready for steady work, steady pay, and excellent home time then sign on with CNTL.
Owner Operator truck drivers MUST live in Canada, be US-qualified, and own a truck that’s no older than seven years.
- Competitive, reliable, twice-monthly pay
- Steady work with plenty of miles
- Intermodal freight available 7 days a week
- Fuel Subsidy Program: pay only 37.7 cents per litre
- The value of the Fuel Subsidy Program is over $65,000/year on average
- Up to $2000/year in fuel and safety bonuses
- Be home most nights (layovers are rare)
- Paid wait time at customers, terminals, and ports
- Permitting and plating paid
- Border fees and tolls paid
- Group Insurance (optional)
- Tire Purchase Program
- Cab and Engine Heater Purchase Program
- 24/7 road repairs paid for CN equipment breakdown
- On-the-job training
- 24/7 dispatching
- State-of-the-art technology providing Owner Operator support
CNTL Owner Operators primarily handle the first & last mile pick up and deliveries between CN Intermodal Terminals and customers, but may be expected to execute over the road moves.
Applicants will be required to own their own truck upon contract.
The applicant needs to be aware that dispatches consist within the province and inter-provincially, as well cross-border into the USA. Some overnight required.
Must have 3 years of verifiable tractor/trailer experience and a truck that’s 7 years old or less. If the owner operator can provide a bill of sale for a tractor that is 7 years old or less, they can start working immediately with their current tractor, as long as it meets safety qualifications. Once contracted, all tractors must be 17 years old or less. Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification would be preferred.
All applicants must meet CNTL minimum eligibility requirements.
Must have the ability to communicate in English, both written and verbal. French is an asset.