Shawcor is a leading energy and infrastructure technology company specializing in product, services and solutions utilized in oil and gas, water and wastewater, fuel, transportation and industrial application.
Our subsidiary, Shaw Pipe Protection Ltd. is recruiting for a capable and dynamic, Full Time Administrative Assistant to join the team at our facility in Shwerwood Park, AB. This position, reporting to the HR Manager, is responsible for administrative support for two of our key operating sites.
· Full cycle recruitment, including the arrangement of pre-employment testing, and conducting orientation;
· Managing Hiring and Termination records, ensuring documentation is complete;
· Create and maintain employee shift schedules via Ceridian (Dayforce);
· Writing employment verification and disciplinary/termination letters;
· Completion of data entry, and maintenance of employee files and payroll database;
· Accurate and timely updating of various employee lists and records;
· Initiation and management of Benefit and/or Disability claims;
· Providing regular reports to Union of employee status changes and movement;
· Regular reporting of Headcount and Man Hours;
· Control of main phone line and switchboard, directing visitors;
· Manage office supplies, mail, and deliveries; and
· Other duties as they relate to providing administrative support.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Post-Secondary Education in Administration, Human Resources or Payroll is preferred;
· Minimum 3-5 years experience in a similar role or industry;
· Can act with integrity and diplomacy with sensitive information;
· Must be proactive, and able to respond to changing priorities;
· Experience with a Unionized workforce and interpretation of Collective Agreements is considered an asset;
· Positive, confident attitude and willingness to learn;
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills; and
· Strong technology and communication skills.
We offer an attractive salary range, team atmosphere, medical benefits, and a diverse working environment focused on safety.
Detailed resume or application that contains work experience, and education level are preferred.
***Candidates for this position must successfully pass all pre-employment testing, including a criminal background check, and drug and alcohol panel.***
Please apply for this job only in the manner specified by the employer. Failure to do so will result in your application not being considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Calls Please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Administrative: 3 years (preferred)
- Human resources: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person