PROJECT MANAGER – HIGH-RISE RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION
Come join one of Canada’s Top Small & Medium Employers located in the Okanagan!
Mission Group provides team members with a competitive base salary as well as variable pay, annual merit pay increases, a flexible vacation plan, a comprehensive benefit plan, a matching RRSP plan, education & training program, and much more. In addition, team members can enjoy paid time off each month to volunteer for causes they care about!
Mission Group is seeking a Project Manager to join its fast-growing construction team. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the construction of a mulit residental tower in Kelowna, BC. This position reports to a Senior Project Manager. The ideal candidate has at least three years of preferably high-rise project management experience and shares our commitment to safety, quality, teamwork, and customer satisfaction.
What you’ll do:
Manage residential high-rise construction projects.
- Build and maintain a master construction schedule with a clear critical path.
- Control budget, schedule, and resource allocation.
- Create and support strong team morale, professional development, and work ethic.
- Demonstrate leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, direct others, and effectively address conflict.
- Act in a manner that shows support for the company, its values, and the employees while maintaining a constant focus on meeting/exceeding project expectations.
- Handle potential problems, work interferences, and schedule conflicts/setbacks.
- Exhibit commitment to quality by evaluating project-related processes and making necessary changes.
- Collaborate with subcontractors, engineers, architects, and staff.
- Negotiate subcontracts and major purchases.
- Ability to identify, quantify, and mitigate risk.
- Oversee quality assurance and risk management.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and building codes.
- Resolve design and construction challenges.
- Create lasting and effective professional relationships.
- Monitor and report progress to stakeholders.
- Manage any environmental or local community issues that arise during a project.
What you’ll bring:
Minimum 3 years of experience in residential or mixed-use high-rise construction.
- Post-secondary education in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related field.
- Certificate in Project Management would be an asset.
- Proficiency in computer skills and strong working knowledge of MS Project, Bluebeam, Procore, Timberline, Yardi, and other construction management software.
- Conflict resolution and conflict management experience.
- Highly organized with superb time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal abilities.
This role is for you if:
- You have experience at various stages with concrete high-rise residential / mixed-use buildings.
- You have leadership skills and know how to build relationships with stakeholders.
- You want to continue working on high-rise residential concrete towers – because we have a lot in the pipeline!
- You want to be part of a growing company that is changing the skyline of Kelowna, B.C.
About Mission Group:
At Mission Group we create places for people to flourish. We don’t just build homes – we also work hard at building communities, careers, and opportunities. Our team members are not just employees, they are also the current and future workers, experts, entrepreneurs, and leaders in our industry. Whatever path they’re on, we take pride in helping them achieve their goals while they’re helping us achieve ours.
Try a new path. See where it can take you.