Dehcho Divisional Education Council
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Student Residence House Parents
The DDEC is accepting proposals for the staffing of two House Parent positions in a twelve-bed, co-educational students' residence located in Fort Simpson. These positions are strictly independent contractors and not employees.
The residence serves the needs of students attending secondary school in Fort Simpson. The residence operates according to the Operational Guidelines established by the DDEC. Students are separated into two groups by gender. One House Parent is needed to supervise each group of students. These are live-in positions.
- Provide a culturally-based family environment where students will receive nurturing, as well as personal, academic, and social support.
- Work closely with parents and officials of the DDEC.
- Provide experiences that develop living cultural and recreational skills.
- Provide daily healthy meals for students.
- Experience working with adolescents in a cross-cultural setting.
- Training in the area of counseling and personal growth.
- Ability to assist high school students with their studies.
It is a bona fide occupational requirement that each House Parent shall supervise children of the same gender. Applicants who do not identify as male or female will be considered. Applicants who apply as a couple for both positions should indicate as such in the applications.
Applications must include a resume, cover letter, and references. The DDEC evaluates applications according to the Operational Guidelines, which may be obtained from the DDEC office. If interested in applying, please contact the DDEC office for further application requirements and a copy of the Terms of Reference. Applications must be submitted to the DDEC at the address listed below by June 17rd, 2023.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 10 months
Salary: $57,000.00-$122,000.00 per year
- Discounted or free food
- Housing allowance
- Relocation assistance
Flexible Language Requirement:
Common surface sanitization, use of PPE
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-06-18
Expected start date: 2023-08-24