Reimer Soils Ltd. is seeking a Class 1 End Dump Driver
Reimer Soils is a family owned Winnipeg business with over 40 years of history serving the Landscaping supply needs of Winnipeg and the surrounding area. We currently have an opening for a Class 1 End Dump Driver. The position commences immediately - positive performance can lead to winter work and an opportunity into the future.
…Eager to join a high-performing team in the Winnipeg area?
…Passionate about a job done right?
…Don’t mind working hard and having some fun doing it?
…Being Home every Night?
Our drivers are our first contact and only personal contact with many of our customers. You are the Ambassador of the Company. We are looking for skillful, safe drivers that have a positive attitude and strong desire to get the job done.
Experience we are looking for:
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Experience with Tandem Dump Trailers, Tri-axle Dump Trailers or Articulated Trailers (pups).
- Ensuring Safety and Preventative Maintenance policies are followed.
- Be organized in maintaining paperwork.
- Be proactive in ensuring equipment is respected and maintained.
Valid Class 1 license
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate company's truck in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and all company safety guidelines.
- Maintain all applicable DOT regulations.
- Safely operate a two-way radio, including knowledge of the appropriate frequencies.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and professional driving environment.
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures concerning security and safety.
- Report any unsafe or unsafe conditions within the vehicle or operating environment to management promptly.
- Complete all required forms and paperwork required for DOT inspections.
- Report any safety concerns immediately to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $26.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Winnipeg, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- End Dump: 1 year (required)
- Class 1 Licence (required)
Work Location: In person