Taylor Janis LLP currently has an opening for a highly motivated Associate Lawyer to join our busy team in Edmonton.
We are a boutique workplace law firm conveniently located in the High Street Centre area of Edmonton along 124th street. We are looking for someone who shares our passion for helping others and who possess a drive to perform meaningful work in a rewarding practice area.
What You Bring:
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, well-developed interpersonal
skills, a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and a positive and professional attitude.
We invite candidates with 2-5 years of litigation experience who are interested in this opportunity to apply.
What We Offer:
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a diverse range of interesting files, with access to the appropriate tools and resources for success, and opportunities for professional development and long-term career growth within a relationships focused team.
Our compensation structure is highly competitive within the practice area and rewards motivated individuals who manage their time and practice successfully.
- Managing client files from end to end, including through correspondence, negotiations, and litigation
- Providing legal advice and guidance to clients on various workplace legal issues, including wrongful dismissal, Alberta Human Rights complaints, harassment and bullying, and Duty of Fair representation Complaints
- J.D. or LL.B Degree from an accredited law school
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Alberta or equivalent Canadian accreditation with the ability to be called to the Alberta Bar
- 2-5 plus years of litigation experience
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple case files, priorities and deadlines, simultaneously and independently
- Health and Dental plan
- On-site gym
- On-site parking available
- Hybrid work setup facilitated
Interested applicants may reply in confidence by submitting their cover letter, resume and references to Chelsea Dustin at [email protected] directly through this job posting.
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis and we look forward to meeting you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$250,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person