Manager, Site & Clinical Services (Registered Nurse)
Reporting to the Director Clinical Services, the Site and Clinical Services Manager (SCSM) provides leadership and operational oversight for a range of services and living options including supportive living/assisted living, long term care, dementia care, day programs, private pay. The SCSM works with other organizational leaders and with resident/client/families to ensure that care and services are aligned with organizational mission, vision and values, goals, and objectives and that effective and efficient clinical care and services are being provided. The SCSM assumes a leadership role empowering teams to build and maintain a safety culture that pursues leading practices, quality improvement human resources and learning and development initiatives throughout our care homes and programs. Additionally, the SCSM is a key representative of Good Samaritan promoting a positive image of the organization collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
What we can offer you:
- Work/life balance
- Learning and development opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Pension and benefits for eligible employees
- Paid vacation time for eligible employees
- Discounted services with many of our local businesses
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee recognition events
Educational and other Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in nursing (BScN)
- Gerontology or healthcare administrator certificate preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Active registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) or with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) is required
- Minimum of three (3) years proven management experience in a health care environment
- Minimum of five (5) years health related experience, preferably in seniors’ care, including dementia/geriatrics
- Experience managing people within in a unionized environment
- Experience managing a budget
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Accreditation process Human Resources and Labour Relations management, Business and financial principles
- Seniors’ care industry including applicable contractual and legislative requirements
- Extensive knowledge of MDS/RAI assessment, care planning, clinical outputs and case mix indexes
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Adept at written and oral communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, webinar and internet technology
- Able to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility in a constant high energy environment while responding to complex priorities
- Exhibits open and sincere approach to relating to people by demonstrating respect and compassion for everyone equally
- Demonstrates critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to resolve issues independently and/or make recommendations that are supported by evidence consistent with legislation/policies, and that meets the standards of care
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to travel as required, current driver’s license
- Ability to occasionally work after regular hours in order to attend functions, meetings and to address urgent issues impacting the care home/program
- Ability to be on-call outside of regular business hours as required, willingness to participate in committees and projects.
Who we are:
At The Good Samaritan Society, Good Samaritan Canada, and Good Samaritan Delta View Care Centre, we believe that our employees are our number one asset. Since 1949, we have been providing excellence in complex/long term care, assisted/supportive living, and other specialized care services for the elderly and those with developmental and physical support requirements. We could not do what we do without our dedicated and committed employees.
- A current and clear Criminal Records Check Form and if applicable a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date.
- A tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
The Good Samaritan Society and Good Samaritan Canada is committed to upholding the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in the workplace at all levels of the organization, as well as in the delivery of our services. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds including, but not limited to, Indigenous peoples, racialized groups, people with disabilities, and people from the 2SLGBTQ+ community.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $74,200.00-$103,075.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Taber, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a Undergraduate degree in nursing (BScN)?
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Secondary School (preferred)
- health related, preferably in seniors care: 5 years (preferred)
- managing people in unionized environment: 2 years (preferred)
- active registration with CARNA (required)
Work Location: In person