This role is to work exclusively in our commissary kitchen, located in SW Calgary. The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing the product (meats, vegetables, sauces, other food products) we use in all of our restaurants.
Compensation and Benefits
- Wage Commensurate with Experience
- Share in Gratuities
- Development and Advancement Opportunities
- Extended Health Benefits (For Full Time Team Members After Probation Period)
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare a variety of meats, vegetables and other food items using a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Understand and comply consistently with our standards, cooking methods, quality standards and rules, policies and procedures.
- Handle, store and rotate all products properly.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work and service area including tables, shelves, walls, oven, and refrigeration equipment.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly report equipment and food quality problems to Manager.
- Inform manager-on-duty immediately of product shortages.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the manager-on-duty.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous restaurant/prep experience is required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Positivity, proactive and great work ethic.
- Have exceptional grooming and hygiene habits.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.00-$19.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Cooking: 3 years (required)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (required)
Work Location: In person