Are you excited about leading people and managing projects?
Are you a self driven, organized, team- oriented Lead Carpenter that enjoys residential and commercial construction?
Do you thrive in a fast paced, ever changing work environment and have a track record of getting results through planning and execution?
Do you want to work where your voice will be heard, you have flexibility along with opportunities for career growth?
Would you like to join a dynamic growing team that values high quality of workmanship, honesty & integrity, along with embracing the journey?
If you answered “YES” to any of the questions above, read on!
Who we are:
Sayers Contracting is a family owned Residential General Contracting company that specializes in the residential and commercial markets. From Custom Homes, Renovations to Tennant Improvements we have the experience to do it all.
We have steadily grown over the years and are looking to add more select team members to the team to assist with future growth. We are not a big over-the-top operation looking for rapid growth. We want to strategically grow with select individuals who value career and development growth.
We provide unwavering commitment to our company culture and values along with top level service to our amazing clients. We are growing into being one the most respected and award winning companies of the Fraser Valley.
This is for you if you are:
- Trustworthy, honest, respectful, accountable and reliable.
- Calm, positive and have a solution oriented attitude in all situations.
- A proven leader and manager with the ability to motivate others.
- Committed to personal excellence, driven to succeed with a “can do” attitude.
- Able to plan, see the “big picture” and prioritize.
- Adept at critical thinking and problem solving.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Curious, collaborative, passionate and detail oriented.
- A lifelong learner motivated to continue to learn and grow.
- Able to demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environment protection.
- A steward of your community and committed to giving back and serving others.
In this role you will be:
- Managing a construction crew to meet scheduling goals and meet or exceed client expectations.
- Ensuring projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, shop drawings, and applicable building codes while maintaining high quality standards
- Providing clear direction to Crew Members and Subcontractors to ensure project targets are achieved.
- Attending and providing input at Project Meetings with Project Manager, and proactively identifying solutions to support the project.
- Leading the onsite crew to identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible results for Scope, Quality, and Schedule Targets.
- Managing transportation, storage and protection of materials.
- Supporting the construction crew through professional development and Team Meetings.
- Supporting and maintaining healthy, happy work environments and corporate culture.
- Maintaining clean, organized and professional presentation of work sites.
Experience Requirements:(Job requirements range from framing to finishing carpentry skills)
- 5+ years carpentry experience; preferably in residential remodeling construction including:
- Concrete Forming,
- Wood Framing,
- Finishing Carpentry, ( Door hanging, trim work, cabinetry etc..)
- Exterior Finishing, ( Siding, soffits, windows, etc…)
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints,
- Minimum 3+ years experience managing team members on a construction site,
- Must own full set of basic carpentry tools,
- Reliable transportation is required,
- Dependable, reliable, self-starter,
- Clean and presentable appearance,
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Red seal carpentry ticket is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Experience with energy-efficient building technology, techniques and their applications,
- Projects will be of wide variety, so you can always expect to be challenged and have your abilities put to the test.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive hourly compensation.
- Yearly bonus.
- 3 weeks vacation per year.
- Full benefits plan (HSA) with Life & Disability Insurance.
- Fuel allowance.
- Career growth and personal development opportunities.
- Team building events.
- Paid Training Days.
- Team appreciation lunches and/or dinners.
- Work with a close knit team of professionals that love what we do.
If this sounds like you and you feel ready to take on the adventure let us know why you would be a great part of our growing team.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$42.00 per hour
- Automobile allowance
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Langley, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: On the road