FINE JEWELRY - JEWELER
BASED IN MONTREAL, QC AND MUST HAVE JEWELRY EXPERIENCE
Established in 1785 Bixlers is an American luxury jewelry, specialty retailer, wholesaler & manufacturer.
We are America’s oldest jeweler, with manufacturing teams & offices in Montreal CAD and Vermont U.S.
Our success is attributed to over 225 years of painstaking dedication to our customers. We are expanding our North American businesses, thus rapidly expanding our manufacturing, wholesale &
Ecommerce channels. We are well on our way, and this current Jeweler position will have a major impact in helping our organization achieve its ambitious growth objectives.
The Jewelry Jeweler is responsible for fabricating fine jewelry pieces, in all precious metals, within the
Bixlers aesthetic and quality standards.
Summary of Duties
- Support the physical construction of new and repeatable Jewelry products according to the project delivery timelines.
- Responsible for cast cleaning, assembly and repair of precious metal jewelry of all levels of complexity with all types of diamonds and precious stones.
- Ability to follow directions from peer coach and management.
- Responsible for the handling of all diamonds and precious stones ensuring stones are protected at all times to avoid damage.
- Focus on improving overall efficiency by adhering to Bixlers prescribed routing steps and within standard times for completion of jewelry pieces and key projects flowing through the Bixlers
Workshop. Functions and responsibilities will be carried out in full compliance of quality standards, project timelines, instructions and procedures. Use appropriate tooling as required.
- Communicate effectively to keep Manager updated on project status, issues and concerns. Identify potential barriers to meeting completion timelines as soon as they arise.
- Perform other duties as required by the business.
- Comply with security operating procedures.
- Responsible for putting away all materials and work orders before exiting the facility.
- Accredited Jewelry certification
- Experience/knowledge jewelry and polishing processes
- Bench experience in fine jewelry manufacturing
- Knowledge of complex and intricate jewelry construction and polishing as well as precious metal properties
- Organizational, interpersonal skills and partnership skills.
- Ability to communicate issues clearly in a team environment; ability to effectively interact with clients and multiple staff levels.
- Ability to work overtime to support business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- How many years of fine jewelry manufacturing do you have?
Work Location: In person