Mazzei Electric started in Nanaimo, BC in 1994. We started as a small family run company that focused on commercial service contracts. We now have a variety of multi-family residential, commercial, institutional, and light industrial projects across the province, complimented by our service departments that offer residential and commercial service and maintenance. We currently operate across Vancouver Island, throughout the Okanagan, and in Northern BC.
Why work here? You will be part of a growing team that is proud, dedicated, and still stays true to the family-run company feeling. When we ask our employees why they like working here, the #1 answer is always the people. Our team is knowledgeable, safety focused, and the comradery is second to none.
Mazzei Electric offers a competitive salary, extensive health and dental benefits that we pay the premiums for, RRSP matching, paid training and development, recognition programs, an annual apprentice scholarship, fun staff events, opportunities for advancement, and a safe and inclusive work environment. We also have a growing Employee Perks program that includes discounts on vehicle repair/parts, retail stores, and gym memberships.
We have won numerous awards including Victoria’s #1 Best Electrician, Nanaimo’s Best Electrical Contractor, VICA’s Employer of the Year, BCCA Builder’s Code Contractor of the Year, VICA’s Safety Excellence Award, and have been named as one of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies.
At this time, Mazzei Electric Ltd. is hiring a Project Manager based out of Nanaimo or Victoria, BC. This individual will report to the Vancouver Island Construction Manager and will play an integral role in the planning, coordination, and execution of projects from inception to conclusion. This includes optimizing resources and ultimately overall financial performance on all projects.
- Maintaining strict adherence to relevant industry and Mazzei Electric safety standards. Proper safety measures include the use of all necessary safety equipment and apparatus, as well as implementing necessary safety procedures and safeguards during any given job.
- Fully support and promote Mazzei Electric’s core values of Safety, Innovation, Relationships and Trust.
- Engage in business development activities to grow Mazzei Electric’s market share in the region
- Develop and coordinate schedules, resources plan, procurement, project commissioning, project tracking and risk mitigation strategies.
- Control costs and maximizing productivity through the implementation of best practices and standard processes.
- Coordinate change management as required by submitting, tracking, and closing out RFIs.
- Maintain client satisfaction and promptly aid in resolving any concerns.
- Participate in progress meetings as requested.
- Work in tandem with the Site Superintendent and Project Foreperson in overseeing contracts and budgets.
- Provide and impart technical knowledge and expertise to the Project Administrators.
- Manage financial aspects of projects through on-going job forecasting.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Overseeing pre-construction meetings to ensure successful handoff from estimating to field.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Collaborate with prefabrication and design departments.
- Set clear goals and expectations to forepersons and provide coaching/counselling for employee growth and development.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- When necessary, estimate change orders for assigned projects.
- Manage all jobs closeout procedures.
- Conduct post project reviews to determine areas for future improvement.
- Develop/maintain network of professional relationships within our industry.
- Prepare and conduct foreperson meetings for your area.
- Perform other tasks as required.
- Electrical Journeyperson certification and/or past Electrical Project Management experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the construction industry.
- Proficient in the tasks of project administration and management including RFI's, submittals, change order management, progress billings.
- Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards.
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi-task and prioritize a high work load.
- Possess superior IT skills including strong working knowledge of industry specific software including Bluebeam, SiteDocs, Accubid, as well as a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership, organizational, decision making, problem solving and customer service skills.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and experience managing contracts and budgets.
Apply today by responding to this ad. More information can also be found on our website www.mazzeielectric.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
- Commercial/Residential electrical: 3 years (preferred)
- Electrical Project Management: 1 year (preferred)
- Red Seal Journeyperson Electrician Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person