Brantford Public Library provides free access to information, ideas and opportunities for discovery, and spaces in which to use and share them. Our expertise and services are accessible and help empower the citizens of Brantford.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and friendly individual who is interested in maintaining the Brantford Public Library’s collections in good order for customers. The position primarily involves accurately checking in, sorting, shelving and retrieving library materials, and also includes some program and materials support duties. The Support Assistant job demands a keen attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work well both independently and as part of a team. The successful candidate should be able to resolve conflicts, problem solve effectively and cooperate well with supervisors and co-workers.
This position is available beginning October 2, 2023. This date is subject to change.
Reports to: Manager - Library Resources
Salary Range: $21.183 - $22.809 / hour
Updated rate will apply according to the Collective Agreement.
Classification: Part-Time, Permanent
Hours of Work: 24 hours per week, including evenings and Saturdays. Sundays are scheduled as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Previous experience with detail-oriented tasks
- Demonstrated ability with technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to travel to any library location, as assigned
- Sorts and shelves library materials and ensures effective shelf maintenance
- Retrieves materials in the collection
- Assists with inventories and deselection tasks
- Operates and maintains all functions of the circulation module
- Identifies and performs simple repairs
- Assists with processing, as directed
- Assists with interlibrary loan processes
- Prepares items for recycling
- Assists in setting up decorations and displays
- Opens and sorts materials deliveries
- Provides service feedback
- Other duties consistent with job responsibilities.
Satisfactory Police Check Vulnerable Sector required as a condition of employment.
Testing may be part of the interview process.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume, as one PDF file, by email to [email protected] later than Monday September 25th, 2023 at 5:00pm. While we sincerely appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Brantford Public Library is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $21.18-$22.80 per hour
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-25