Don Mann Excavating Ltd. is Victoria’s premier supplier of excavating and civil construction services. We’ve been serving the southern island for over 70 years, providing reliable, quality excavating for municipal, commercial, and residential projects.
We are looking for a skilled Safety Manager to join our COR-certified team.
· 5+ years in construction safety (civil experience required).
· Experience working with Confined Spaces, Trenching & Excavation, and Asbestos required.
· NCSO designation strongly preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of Workers Compensation Act and OHS Regulation, and experience working with WorkSafeBC.
· Valid BC Drivers’ license.
· Manages day to day operations of safety program and safety team (including JOHSC).
· Completes safety audits, site visits, and inspections.
· Identifies and coordinates safety training requirements (including quarterly employee meetings).
· Maintains OHS Manual, safe working practices, and safe job procedures.
· Ensures a safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
If you’d like to receive more information on this opportunity, apply with a resume or reach out to us today. We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person