MTU Maintenance Canada is the North American member of the MTU Maintenance network of companies, the largest independent provider of commercial engine maintenance services worldwide. Quality, efficiency and innovation are our strengths. You, too, can become part of our dedicated team in Delta, BC as
Machinist - Red Seal
Code: MMTM / 23263
Salary: $33.85 - $39.00 per hour
Machinists will perform one or more of the following processes in the repair of gas turbine engines, aircraft components, and or tooling:
machine grinding, machine milling, machine turning, hand polishing, CNC operation and programming, general inspection.
- Use machining processes to repair gas turbine engines, aircraft components, and or tooling.
Follow direction of shop leadership.
Follow company policy and procedure manuals.
Recommend additions or changes to work documents.
Ensure machines are cleaned and maintained.
Make suggestions for process improvements.
Keep shop licenses current.
Participate in on-the-job training as required.
- Must possess a Machinist Red Seal.
Must have completed a recognized apprenticeship or have a minimum of 4 years equivalent experience by other means acceptable to Quality Assurance for the implementation of technical work on gas turbine engines, aircraft components and or tooling
Must be able to interpret drawings and documentation.
Must be able to use machine shop equipment.
Experience with machining and processes of repairing aircraft engine components would be an asset.
Experience with CNC milling and grinding machines would be an asset.
The Perks (The Good Stuff):
- Generous Relocation Package available to eligible candidates
- We offer great benefits from your first day (no waiting period)
- 100% match company pension
- Extended Medical and Dental Programs
- Disability Insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Vision Care and Rx Safety Vision Program
- Free On-site Parking