Diamond Construction is a civil contractor who has been operating since 1964. In fifty-nine years of operation, Diamond has grown into one of the largest heavy construction companies in southeast Manitoba, specializing in heavy construction and aggregate production.
Diamond provides a work environment, strongly influenced by a core set of principals that values people first.
Diamond has immediate opening for General Labor – Base Crew
· Assist with building Roads, Parking lots.
· Primary responsibilities will be general physical labor; such as raking, shoveling and
carrying and rolling out geotextile cloth.
· The right candidate will have the opportunity to learn basic equipment operation; Packer,
Water Truck and Skid steer.
· Previous Construction experience an asset.
· Must hold a valid Class 5 driver’s license, valid class 1 or 3 license with airbrake
endorsement is considered an asset.
· A clear abstract, or less than three moving violations within three years.
· Possess a professional attitude / Able to work well with others as a member of a team.
· Preparing materials, tools, and equipment at the construction site.
· Ensure tools are cleaned and stored properly.
· Able to multi-task and maintain attention to detail.
· Capable of following directions.
· Willing to work long hours, and complete assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
· Compliance with our Safety Program (Diamond Construction is a COR certified company).
· This job happens outdoors, conditions may include heat, cold, rain, dust and noise.
· Work is physically demanding, must be able to physically stand, squat, and lift heavy
· Competitive wages, Benefits after three months.
· Structured Monday to Friday work schedule, with some Saturdays required.
· A safe and positive environment to work in.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$24.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Steinbach, MB R5G 1V1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- MB Drivers License (required)
Work Location: In person