Our employees are the backbone to our success and our most important resource.
PrairieCoast Equipment is a progressive John Deere Dealership with 11 locations throughout Northern Alberta and British Columbia.
We are committed to providing premier products and superior customer service. We embrace Technology and utilize it to better serve our customers. We value integrity, innovation, and passion. We act like owners and are accountable for our actions. A significant portion of PrairieCoast Equipment is owned by employees and we offer a RRSP and TFSA eligible Employee Share Ownership Plan.
- One of Canada’s Best Managed Companies™ each year since 2013
- One of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers™ 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Recognition by John Deere as a top performing dealer in North America
- A competitive compensation package with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Benefits that include a wide range of extended health benefits, travel insurance, prescriptions dental, life, disability, and critical illness
- Opportunity to participate in Ownership of the company
- A referral bonus program
- Annual sick pay allowance
- Employee company and vendor discount programs
- Employee Assistance program
- Peer recognition program
- Strong focus on training and leadership development
- Company contests and team building events
- The opportunity to interact with leaders of the company
As an Agriculture Service Technician, you will
Perform basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment, and PDI of new units. This position will be given direction or guidance from the Service Manager.
The ideal candidate will have
- 3+ years of experience performing service repairs
- Licensed Heavy Duty Technician.
- Ag ticket is a major asset.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of heavy duty and / or agricultural equipment
- Ability to use Service Advisor and basic computer functions
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift at least 75 lbs. repeatedly
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required
- Valid driver’s license with reasonable abstract is required
- Forklift license preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0P7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- How many years of experience do you have performing service repairs?
- What is your expected wage for this position?
Work Location: In person