Rimkus (www.rimkus.com) is a worldwide leader in Engineering and Technical Consulting. With over 1400 employees and 110 offices, we have experienced organic growth of 8-12% each year. Rimkus experts specialize in building envelope, structural engineering, MEP services, pavement engineering, forensic consulting, dispute resolution, construction management services, and solutions built for the environment, and help develop better products and processes for the consumer, industrial, and healthcare industries. NOW IS THE TIME to join this growing and stable company.
Join Rimkus and unlock your potential with endless opportunities for growth, learning, and making a difference!
We are currently hiring for the position of Specification Writer, based in our Mississauga location. Qualified candidates for this role will have Division 7 knowledge and experience.
The Specification Writer will be responsible for the writing and creation of project specifications. The incumbent of this position will have a strong understanding of architectural and roofing design as well as building systems.
Benefits provided through the company include Life Insurance, Extended Health Care (Medical, Dental and Vision Care), as well as some other great perks such as: RRSP/DPSP Programs, paid days off, company events, and also a gym membership to GoodLife Fitness. Our company welcomes upskilling and celebrates continuous education in various professional fields. We look forward to meeting with you!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation of roofing specifications using MS Word templates within company format guidelines and perform contract administration of roof projects including:
- (3 part) Technical Specifications for (Division 7), Tender Documents, Addenda’s, contract documents, relevant construction documents (change orders, work order revisions) and close out documents
- Assisting in the preparation of electronic drawings and details using AutoCAD, including:
- Condition Analysis Reports, Tender Documents, Construction Sets and As-built drawings
Office work including:
- Reviewing drawings and specifications prior to the production of Bid Sets
- Editing as required to produce Bid Documents
- Compiling data and photos into report form
- Preparing a schedule for required drawings
- Assisting with the compilation of written reports as required
Site work may include:
- Travelling to and from project locations
- Assisting in the retrieval of information from roofs and other building envelope components
- Photographing, measuring, sketching, surveying projections and identifying deficiencies, etc.
- Design meetings with clients and/or other consultants
- Review of construction work in progress
Requirements & Qualifications
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering or Architectural Technology or other related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in specification writing
- Must have proficiency with AutoCAD 2012 or higher, primarily 2D environment
- Good general construction knowledge (i.e. how residential and large buildings are assembled)
- Knowledge of Canadian roofing system design; system types, components and installation methods
- Ability to read Architectural drawings and specifications
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills in English; French is also an asset
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Must be well organized and a detail-oriented person
- Self-motivating, able to multi-tasks and focused on meeting deadlines
- Ability to act with business integrity
At Rimkus, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. We are committed to creating a work environment that supports and celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences of all employees. If you share our commitment to diversity and inclusivity and are excited about joining a welcoming and supportive team, we encourage you to apply for our open positions. We are an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation is available for applicants selected for an interview.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- specification writing: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person