It’s an Exciting Time at Eclipse
Eclipse Automation is now part of Accenture Industry X, and together we will design and build the future in unprecedented ways! For over 20 years, Eclipse has provided leading-edge automation solutions, and now we are able to increase the scale of our expertise by being a part of the Accenture family.
What’s In It for YOU?
The Eclipse team is 900+ strong, working out of 17 locations across 5 countries and 3 continents. Our people are our greatest assets and our biggest competitive advantage. That’s why we ensure that they’re taken care of with comprehensive benefit packages that support the growth and well-being along with many additional perks such as:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On-site Employee Gym, Free Snacks, Employee Events
- RRSP/DPSP Program eligible on day one
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Career Development & International Exchange
When you join Eclipse Automation, you become a member of a dynamic world-wide team of experts, visionaries, dreamers, and builders whose know-how is unparalleled. A team that’s helping design and build our future, one innovation at a time.
Come and see what your future has in store. Your next exhilarating career move awaits!
Reporting to the Mechanical Production Supervisors, the Machine Builder (MTBI) will assist in development and implementation of mechanical manufacturing policies and procedures, liaise directly with other department personnel to ensure project goals are met on budget, while delivering the Eclipse Vision and the Eclipse Entrepreneurial Culture.
The Machine Builder job responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Ability to identify individual components (both manufactured and purchased) and use them to create sub-assemblies for work cells, stations, and other automated equipment
- Assemble, fit, align, plumb, and integrate workstations or systems that may include pneumatics and hydraulics, electrical sensing components, power transmission systems, conveyor systems and feeder systems
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings including pneumatic/hydraulic schematics, BOMs, and detailed assembly drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, and perform required repairs to automation equipment
- Must be proficient in the operation and setup of conventional machine shop equipment including lathes, milling machines, drill presses, surface grinders, and hand tools in order to manufacture components to prescribed dimensions and finishes
- In process and final part verification including dimensional, part features (using GD&T), surface finishes to drawing specifications using shop measurement tools (Micrometers, Calipers, Height Gauges, Indicators etc.)
- Experience with use of overhead cranes, forklifts and scissor lifts
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team environment and actively participate in group meetings
- Complete other duties and projects as assigned
- Position requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and travel as required in varying timelines
- Ensure scheduled milestones are met
- Notify the appropriate departments if milestones are not projected to be met by expected due dates
- Maintain a calm and professional attitude
- Clean and organized work habits are a must
- Travels to customer location for service and install
- Candidate is the owner of a Certificate of Qualification for a Millwright, Tool & Die Maker, or Machine Tool Builder and Integrator
- 5+ years’ experience in a custom automation environment preferred
- Must have Valid Driver’s License
- Must provide MVR driving record
- Must have valid passport
Here at Eclipse Automation, creation and innovation is at our core, and our culture reflects that. Fast paced and continuously fostering growth, we encourage the entrepreneurial spirit that our Teams embody, and leverage each of their strengths to do better for our people, our clients, and our communities.
Our teams are made up of are innovators, thinkers, and doers, with the know-how and expertise to exceed expectations, and the relentless spirit to create and reinvent. Our people are what enable us to live up to our name – to eclipse all others, inspiring and creating outcomes that change the world.
Eclipse is an AODA compliant organization, and accommodations are available upon request.
We support an environment where teams work together and where people can learn, grow, and thrive.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36.00-$41.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person