LaPointe-Fisher is an accredited 69 bed nursing home located in the heart of Guelph. We are a family-orientated and operated LTC Home providing quality and compassionate care and services in our community. We are continually striving for excellence in the provision of such care and services.
POSITION: Personal Support Worker (PSW). This position reports to the Director of Nursing (DON).
· Assist residents with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets).
· Assists with ambulating and mobilization of residents.
· Performs other related tasks as indicated in the resident’s individualized written plan of care.
· Answers call bells promptly, and responds to residents needs and requests.
· Records on each residents check list daily.
· Practices universal precautions and adheres to WHMIS protocols.
· Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the residents.
· Reports all resident and staff incidents/accidents immediately to charge nurse and/or DON.
· Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency.
· Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the resident’s condition to the Registered Staff and/or DON.
· Other duties as assigned by Registered Staff and/or the DON.
· Successful completion of the Personal Support Worker Program meeting the requirements of the Ontario
· Long-Term Care Homes Act required.
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
· Must have effective verbal and written English communication skills.
· Ability to work safely by following established safety practices and procedures.
· Must be able to do lifting - less than 20 pounds.
· Successful candidate must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
Job Type: Casual
Start Rate of Pay: $23.88/hr
Interested applicants may forward their resume no later than October 31, 2023.
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Dahlia Burt-Gerrans, Administrator
or your resume can be faxed to the attention of Dahlia Burt-Gerrans at 519-821-6021.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all interested candidates. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: From $23.88 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
- Personal Support Worker Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-31