Branch: Regional Offices Branch
Employment Type: Term up to one (1) year
Position Linguistic Designation: English
Salary: $82,996.00 - $93,414.99
Location: Winnipeg Regional Office
Search Area: Internal; Membership; Public
Closing Date: 10/04/2023
As part of the Regional Office Team, the Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive administrative services that enable the Regional Office to fulfill its role in a timely and credible manner. Under the direction of the Regional Coordinator, maintains the administrative aspects of the Regional Office while carrying out a wide variety of administrative, secretarial and clerical responsibilities to ensure efficient operation of the Regional Office.
- Successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, OR equivalent experience normally provided through several years of providing administrative services relevant to the duties of the position.
- Good knowledge of the Public Service Alliance of Canada;
- Knowledge of the trade union objectives and activities and commitment to union and equity principles.
- Ability to effectively transcribe type and perform word processing functions using Microsoft Word;
- Ability to use spreadsheets (ideally Excel) and database software (ideally Access);
- Proficiency in spelling, vocabulary and in the application and usage of English;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English:
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment;
- Proficiency in the use of a personal computer including ability to use Windows, e mail, FrontPage, and Internet;
- Ability to work independently and determine priorities under strict deadlines.
- High degree of initiative, good judgment and problem-solving.
Internal applicants should submit their résumé online through the internal career site.
The Public Service Alliance of Canada is committed to achieving and maintaining a representative workforce that ensures the full participation and advancement of traditionally under-represented groups. Applications are encouraged from equity groups including women, racially visible persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and two-spirit (LGBTQ2+) persons.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. For accommodation needs or to obtain a copy of the documents in alternate format, please email [email protected]