For decades, Robert’s Farm Equipment has been unique in the farming community both aggressively cutting edge, and unapologetically committed to old-fashioned ideas of customer service.
Robert’s Farm Equipment is a family-owned and operated business that serves the community and many family farms, we think of ourselves as being all in the family. Over the past decades we've learned a great deal about what really matters. We sell some of the finest products in the market, but our customer service is second to none. It's who we are.
Our business remains very rooted from the past generations of Robert’s values and vision for service and community. While we’ve grown and experienced change, those timeless values have been our bedrock—and the reason the link between our company, the community, and our customers has remained so strong.
Roberts Farm Equipment is currently seeking skilled Heavy Equipment Technician for our Bobcat of Huron location in Walton, ON location!
- Diagnose, repair, and perform general and preventative maintenance on customer equipment in the shop or at the customer site
- Performs electronic and physical diagnostic tests to check whether equipment and components are secure and are working properly
- Isolates the systems or components that might have caused the problem
- Operates equipment for testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting purposes or diagnose using various tools and equipment
- Maintains efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing equipment
- Tests and adjust equipment to specifications for proper performance
- Effectively communicates with customers about equipment issues and solutions
- Efficiently creates accurate quotes for repairs on equipment
- Performs general cleaning and maintenance of shop environment and company vehicles
- Welds and fabricates parts and equipment as needed
- Rebuilds equipment as needed (motors, PTO shafts, front axles etc.)
- Must complete manufacturer training and certifications as required
- Must be available for on call services as required
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50lbs
- Ability to install, maintain and repair mechanical and electronic agricultural equipment
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor, respect and commitment to service excellence.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of pertinent data
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Diploma or Certificate in Farm Equipment Technician, Heavy Equipment Technician or vocational equivalent
- Valid G Driver's License
- On and Off site Product and Technical training
- Competitive Compensation and Tech Bonus Program
- Generous Employee Referral Program
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Walton, ON N0K 1Z0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person