Wood Research and Development is looking for a permanent, full-time experienced AutoCAD technologist, civil engineering to join our team to help us save wood bridges and buildings around the globe. If you have a background in structural and engineering technology you could have a rewarding career with Wood Research and Development. This position is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Occasional weekend and or overtime work could be required. The position will be heavily focused working with shop drawings.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD 2016 or later and Revit a must.
- Excellent computer skills including: Google Drive and Microsoft office Suites.
- Detail orientated, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid drivers license and passport or the ability to obtain a passport.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Minimum 3 years experience in as a Civil/Structural CAD Technologist
- Able to modify shop drawings in CAD to reflect as-builts: assembles operations and maintenance manuals
- Development of structural details and organizing drawings
- Experience in taking site measurements for the purposes of construction and to reconcile construction documents with existing conditions.
- Assist Engineers by producing CAD drawings, as-builts, and other reports as required
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections, technical investigations and testing of construction materials
11 Simpson Street, Hillsborough NB
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Must be located in Canada
- AutoCAD: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person