LeeCaring Communities is very excited to be opening our Brand New, 138 bed, Long Term Care Facility in South West Edmonton!
The Mission of LeeCaring Communities is to create resident focused communities that are respectful, caring and compassionate, where residents are encouraged to live each day with purpose and belonging.
Resident Centered Care - we care for the whole person with kindness, respect and dignity, while ensuring residents and their families have a voice in all aspects of their care and service.
Continuous Improvement – we strive to continually improve our care and services.
Welcoming Environments – everyone who lives, visits and works in our community contributes to its warmth and friendliness.
Diligent Stewardship – we commit to responsibly using all resources entrusted to us, to maximize our residents’ quality of life.
The Health Care Aide (HCA) is an unregulated health care provider. Reporting to the Clinical Lead, the HCA is a member of a collaborative team providing family centered care for residents in an individualized meaningful way. The main accountabilities of the position are providing assistance with all resident activities of daily living, personal care, social support, and providing mealtime assistance. The incumbent in the position fosters and maintains effective relationships with care staff, residents and family members and other staff working in the facility.
The incumbent also acts as a role model and ambassador for the Mission and Values of LeeCaring Communities.
- Grade 12 or equivalent and Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized school; or evidence of an educational background deemed equivalent as compared to the Provincial Health Care Aide Curriculum; or evidence of being deemed competent as assessed by an Alberta regulated nurse using the Provincial Competency Assessment Profile Tool (2018), and registration in the current HCA Course to be completed within twelve months from date of hire.
- Verification of completion of the four Alberta HCA Curriculum 2019 Bridging Modules (Dementia, Palliative and End-of-Life Care, Mental Health and Addictions) or equivalent HCA Certificate 2019 through a Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition Evaluation.
- Current enrolment in the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Previous experience working with older and/or disabled adults in continuing care settings.
- Act as mentor/coach and role model to other HCAs through sharing knowledge and experience.
- Act as an advocate for resident needs and choices.
- Flexible in accommodating resident’s needs.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of resident, family and staff information.
- Effective verbal and written (English) communication skills and use of health care terminology.
- Computer skills and knowledge.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple work demands.
- Demonstrates customer service and resident-centered care.
- Works within the Mission and Values of the Foundation.
- Requires Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sectors
Hours of Work: 0000-0815 H
Classification: Health Care Aides
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.27-$26.10 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Following all AHS mandated Covid-19 precautions.
- Active Alberta HCA Directory Registration (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-23