Landscaper- Kitchener/ Ayr.
Job status: Full Time-Day Shift.
Want to work in an environment where your efforts are much appreciated and you’re not “just a number”?
Want to work in a fun friendly environment rather than a corporate culture?
Want to work in one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies for the last eighteen years?
If you answered yes! Then, Conestoga Cold Storage Limited is seeking a part time or full-time Landscaper
The successful applicant will have an opportunity to work in a fully automated, fast paced, dynamic and exciting environment full of innovation and state of the art technology. We are looking for individuals with strong drive, commitment to cultivating their skills and grow within our company!
The landscaper's responsibility encompasses maintaining overall cleanliness at two sites, namely Kitchener and Ayr in Ontario. The main responsibilities will be daily upkeep and cleanliness of property grounds, facilities, equipment and other duties related to property maintenance.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wage based on experience.
- Day shift with flexibility.
- Job type: full-time
- Overtime pay premium after 8-hour shift per day.
- Group medical and dental insurance benefits sponsored by company.
- Company sponsored pension plan, with employer matched contributions.
- Paid birthday off
- Various company events throughout the year, including a summer picnic, BBQ’s, etc.
- Paid time off
- Fun friendly culture!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to operate farm/gardening equipment (farm machinery background would be an asset).
- Maintaining multi-timer and line irrigation system (basic plumbing skills).
- Mowing, rototilling, and weed control (Garden Ground Maintenance).
- Prepping Garden Beds and utilizing natural resources to build soil requirements.
- Annual & perennial plantings.
- Some building/carpentry skills would be an asset. General building maintenance, painting, repairs etc.
- Vehicle cleaning and general maintenance.
- Gardening equipment/Tractor cleaning and general maintenance.
- Must have a G license – experience in towing a trailer would be an asset.
- May be involved in snow removal during the winter months.
- The Landscaper will spend the majority of their working hours outdoors, regardless of the weather conditions. This means they will work in various weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, and sometimes snow.
- Will operate a range of equipment, including lawn mowers, tractors, chain saws, irrigation systems and snow removal equipment.
- Prior experience in grounds keeping, maintenance, or a related field is preferred.
- Physical strength and stamina to perform tasks that may involve lifting, bending, and operating heavy equipment.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations promptly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Flexible and creative approach while working in an environment that is dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Focus and discipline; take pride in a job well done.
- Time management.
- Adaptability/ flexibility.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Decision making and judgement.
- Planning and organizing.
- Mechanical skills.
- Problem solving
- Accountability and dependability.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent.
- 8-hour shift for full-time.
- Overtime when required.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$34.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Commuter benefits
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- proof of double vaccination against Covid? (required)
Work Location: In person