This position is responsible for customer service in various languages and through various transaction types (e.g. inbound and outbound calls, chat, email, social media, etc.) or back-office work for end customers (B2C and/or B2B) that can include various service types e.g. pre sales, post sales, billing and support, as per LOB (SOW) specifications. This position is responsible for supporting frontline (customer facing) associates by handling consult calls, escalations, team supervision and other related duties.
· Oversee and supervise a team of agents.
· Attend required training session for new information and training updates.
· Acquire and transfer to the team the knowledge of all tools and associated workflow processes
· Assist in developing and streamlining procedures
· Coach, motivate, reward, counsel and assist with disciplinary actions as necessary
· Provide quality service to both internal and external customers – on and off-line.
· Assist agents with customer interaction on situations requiring special handling – take customer calls.
· Ensure open flow of communication between agents, supervisors and management.
· Ensure uniform understanding and adherence to policies, procedures and company programs.
· Supervise and monitor agent attendance, performance and productivity
· Prepare and ensure accuracy of reports.
· Ensure agents are continuously kept abreast of operational changes.
· Conduct employee briefings and meetings.
· Assure service level standards are met.
· Monitor system performance and initiate actions to correct system problems.
· Conduct agent observation and provide feedback.
· Assist in the development and tracking of employee incentive programs.
· Ensure completion of departmental duties/task in the absence of subordinates/co-workers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· An assertive, well-organized self-starter with demonstrated supervisory experience
· Management experience in customer service (or sales or on-line retail where relevant) desirable
· A proactive thinker with the ability to anticipate and identify customer needs and decisively solve problems
· A detail-oriented professional with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Ability Redirect and coach for improvement, and gauge user ability and modify delivery accordingly
· Demonstrate professional customer service skills: solutions mindset, helping nature, passion for customer service
· Demonstrate behaviors that support high quality standards
· Recognize trends and escalate information as appropriate
· Problem solving skills; linear and troubleshooting
· Demonstrate a strong customer service orientation and take responsibility to follow up with customers to ensure needs and expectations are satisfied
· Proven track record of success to motive sales/service professionals and exceed performance metrics
· Present information effectively and persuasively across various communication channels
· Problem solving to gather and analyze information and uses it to develop effective solutions; challenge status quo.
· Tolerate stressful situations well
· Project a positive and professional image
· College/Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in related field (preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: From $50,500.00 per year
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person