COME PLAY WITH US!
We believe that the key to our success lies in the quality and dedication of our people; we are a dynamic team, and each of us plays a critical role in striving to provide the best in service to our guests…again and again. A big part of who we are and who we strive to become is dependent upon YOU – work hard…play hard!
Job Title: Food and Beverage Manager
Reports To: Director of Resort Operations
Responsible for: Restaurant & Bar / Catering & Banquet / Sandwedge & Cart teams
Description Effective Date: July 2023
Manage the food and beverage operations of the hotel to ensure the achievement of established food and beverage quality, guest service quality standards, and departmental revenue and profit goals. Adhere to local regulations concerning health, safety, or other compliance requirements, as well as brand standards and local policies and procedures.
- Supervises the functioning of all food and beverage employees, facilities, sales, and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Controls and analyses, on an on-going basis, to optimize the following: quality levels of product and service, guest satisfaction, operating costs, sanitation, and cleanliness.
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation, presentation, and service of food products to always ensure the highest quality.
- Supervises and coordinates pricing and preparation of menus, beverage, and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as: market needs and trends, competition, and availability product.
- Approves all liquor, beer and wine purchases and other food and beverage items in accordance with Crown Isle quality and quantity standards.
- Responsible for overall Food and Beverage financial results and profitability, including projected revenue and labour forecasting, scheduling of staff to meet business needs and changes in procedures to improve sales, productivity, and overall profitability.
- Attends meetings as required by operations leadership team.
- Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage preparation and service in the hotel and restaurant field through trade literature and actual visits.
- Interacts with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, clients, suppliers, government officials, competitors, and other members of the local community, in a professional manner.
- Works with Human Resources on talent acquisition planning, training, and development needs of team
- Works with Director of Resort Operations in the preparation and management of all relevant budgets.
- Previous experience managing and leading a team in food and beverage at a dynamic and multi faceted organization.
- The ability to anticipate customer needs, multitask and direct quickly.
- Working knowledge of food and beverage industry service policies and procedures.
- Proven experience supervising food and beverage service departments of 20+ employees.
- Knowledge and ability to control factors affecting budget, including revenue, labour, costs, and margins.
- Capable of using independent judgment/solid decision-making skills and ability
- Proven excellence in customer service and experience to interact effectively with guests, all levels of management, associates, and clientele, both inside and outside the organization.
- Self-motivated to accomplish goals, with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Proficiency with general office PC applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Previous Resort, Food & Beverage or Hotel experience an asset but not a requirement.
- Annual salary of $75,000 to $90,000, based on experience, paid bi-weekly.
- Medical / Dental benefit plan once criteria met.
- Free Golf privileges.
- Discounted food.
- Free use of on-site gym.
- An opportunity to work in a professional and fun environment.
- The wage for most of these positions is $16.75 per hour plus tips.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Crown Isle team - only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $75,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Courtenay, BC V9N 9G3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Hospitality: 1 year (required)
- Serving it Right Certification (required)
Work Location: In person