Alsafa Foods prides itself to be the largest halal food brand in North America, aiming to empower Muslims to strive for their dreams by offering halal, guilt-free convenience foods. Started with a purpose 20 years back, we are moving at a double-digit growth rate and has also been named as one of the ‘10 fastest growing companies of Canada 2022’ by Insights Success Magazine.
Agility in innovation is the core of our excellence and is the unanimous ground for our eruptive growth in product range, product availability as well as the geographical stretch. Al Safa has 60+ product offerings that are available across North America (USA & Canada) with retailers like Wal-Mart, No Frills, FreshCo, ShopRite & also key ethnic retailers serving the Muslim Community. It has also been awarded by Agri Export group for its innovative export strategy.
The fuel of our explosive growth has always been the people; talented people given a platform to explore their creativity and learnings. A good skillset is definitely pertinent but it is equally important to bring in the right attitude that would enhance the cohesive synergy of our Culture.
The HR & Admin Generalist is responsible for overall coordination of HRM function. Reporting to the Manager- Procurement & IC, this role would be the vanguard of HR transformation; assisting in formalizing, formulating, and implementing HR and admin processes congruent to our Culture goals.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Understand the business strategy, help identify the HR objectives, and assist to develop policies and practices that are compliant with applicable federal and provincial regulations
- Assist in designing a thorough and engaging employee life cycle including job advertisement, recruitment process, onboarding, performance evaluation, development planning, exit interviews etc.
- Navigate the recruitment and onboarding process, posting the job advertisement, screening through the CVs, shortlisting candidates, arranging the interviews, and facilitating the onboarding process for the new hires
- Create and possibly automate a comprehensive employee information database spanning from personal information, contracts, absence and leave management, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, trainings to adequate record retention and destruction
- Assist in maintaining the performance appraisal process, supporting managers in setting the goals and KPIs for the teams, a timely tracking of it and execute development needs, if any
- Support in identifying the training and development needs for the employees, coordinating employee participation and channel professional growth
- Aid in administering employee compensation, payroll processing, and ensuring compliance with wage and hour laws
- Contribute to establishing effective communication channels, promoting open discussions, active listening and act as an apt mediator in conflict and expectation management
- Develop simple and concise workflows for general operations of the business
- Oversee physical documentation achieving process, coordinate management events, assist in travel arrangements and other ad hoc administrative support as per the cyclical need of the business
- Stay updated on applicable employment laws and regulations, ensuring policies are compliant with it
- Initiate employee engagement activities, team building exercises, other company events
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources
- A professional accreditation would be a plus
- 0-2 Years work experience
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, with advanced Excel skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop strategic and collaborative relationships.
- Self-starter and customer centric
- Strong analytical abilities
- Hybrid working environment
- Competitive and well-rounded compensation package
- Extended health care, including dental and vision care
- On-site parking
- Casual Dress
- Paid time off
- Discount and free food
It is a two-step interview process and shall be conducted in-person in the corporate head office.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oakville, ON L6M 4X8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Oakville, ON L6M 4X8