Do you love technical challenges and working with large complex equipment? Are you detail-oriented and want to learn? Join us in Selkirk Manitoba on our path to cultural and digital transformation to build the future.
Gerdau is a leader in mini-mill steel production and steel recycling in North America, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 10 million metric tons of mill finished steel products. Through a vertically integrated network of mini-mills, scrap recycling facilities and downstream operations, the company serves customers throughout the U.S. and Canada, offering a diverse and balanced product mix of merchant steel, rebar, structural shapes, fabricated steel, flat rolled steel and wire rod. Gerdau is the largest recycler in the World. Each year, we transform millions of tons of scrap into steel that is used to build the future.
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts rotating days/nights (continental style schedule)
-Work 40 - 42 hours per week with a pay rate of $34.67/hour
- Learn more senior positions within department and provide relief for absences
- Advance to more responsible positions based on seniority
- This position requires physical labour, standing all day and being exposed to outside temperatures
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting
- Experience working with mobile equipment
- Ability to operate an overhead crane would be considered an asset
- Abiltiy to work in a team environment
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma (or GED)
- Possesses excellent communication and strong math skills, has a high attention to detail and has a good work eithic
Gerdau offers excellent benefits including:
- Health, dental, vision, short & long term disability, and life/accidental life insurance
- RRSP with company matching
- Employee Assistance Program
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act / Accessible Canada Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866)-788-2798 or [email protected]