At Infinity Group Construction we love what we do. IGC was started in 2003 and is a 100% Canadian Owned and Operated facilities management company with an office in Richmond, BC. We strive to provide our clients with above and beyond service that exceeds the exceptional quality of our work. We firmly believe our employees are our best assets and we are committed to providing ongoing training and support to allow them to reach their full potential. We are seeking an ambitious and driven Facilities service Manager to join our close-knit team and grow with our expanding business.
The ideal candidate will manage the Western Facilities Operations team, increasing the operational effectiveness by coordinating activities to achieve operational efficiencies while adhering to the strategic plans, analyzing needs, and directing changes as required. This includes aligning responsibilities, cross training individuals, building communication strategies and objectives, and implementing a national approach to supporting all branches and staff equally.
· Implement the national standard of documentation, including policies, procedures, guidelines, rules, and regulations as it relates to Facilities Operations so staff and branches can operate efficiently, resolving specific operational issues, as a means of minimizing risk and cost exposure.
· Develop and implement a national maintenance program to minimize unplanned expenses and proactively identify corrective actions by maintaining accurate records for all facilities equipment, systems, and reoccurring issues.
· Manage all supplier/ service provider relationships including regular contract reviews and conducting a biannual tender process for national providers.
· Dispatch, execute and supervise the overall day to day maintenance operations.
· Oversees the development of current as well as new maintenance concerns at customers sites and various locations.
· Responds and schedule all maintenance and repairs on equipment, work areas, building, and sites for customers sites.
· Supervises major installations
· Records and maintain maintenance logbook with purchase orders and vendor lists.
· Fiscally responsible for all expenses related to repairs and maintenance.
· Manages all outside vendors while performing work on company property, ensuring work is performed as per schedule and complies with safety regulations.
· Inspects and monitor on-going work and projects for completion.
· Communicates with managers and supervisor regarding service activities.
· Responds to emergencies, complaints, and requests for service, taking appropriate action in a timely manner
· Provides direction and supervision to in-house technical support staff on design and construction projects associated with all facilities.
· Remains current with new technology and associated techniques on the design, development, and construction of facilities and buildings.
· Manage Employee, Warehouse and Company Vehicle operations
· Manage Employee, Vendor and Customer issues
Skills, Abilities and Experience:
An extremely high level of customer service
A Post-Secondary Degree or Trade License with 5-10 years of relevant experience, including at least 3-5 years of management experience
Ability to travel in Canada
Experience and proficiency in MS Office,
Completed relevant industry accreditation
Excellent leadership and communication skills
Medium to High Plumbing, Electrical & Mechanical fundamentals
It is considered an asset if you possess the following:
Licenced (Journeyman or Red Seal) Plumber
Experience in AutoCAD or other drawing packages is an asset
High level of planning and project management experience (PMP Certification is an asset)
Knowledge in Grease Interceptors is an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- On call
- Weekends as needed
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
- Facility Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Plumbing (Journeyman or Red Seal) (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person