Hillebrand Gori is the Beers, Wines, and Spirits Powerhouse within the freight forwarding division of Deutsche Post DHL. Hillebrand was founded as a family business in 1844 and was acquired by Deutsche Post DHL in March 2022.
Are you passionate about shipping, beverages, innovation, and customer service? Would you strive daily to offer technological and innovative solutions to support our customers’ products throughout their journey, guiding them to their destination? Then Hillebrand Gori, a company of DHL is the place for you.
Hillebrand Gori people love what they do. Our people are passionate about logistics and the commodities we ship. We understand how much the logistics process matters to our customers, so they work with them as partners.
For more information, visit: https://www.hillebrandgori.com.
This is an individual contributor role. The ideal candidate will be the Human Resources presence for Canada, and experience with Canadian HR is required.
Responsibilities for the Human Resources Business Partner include:
- Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the firm.
- Develop Human Resources plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business objectives of the firm.
- Function as a strategic business advisor to the senior management regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Counsel with management and employees regarding employee relations concerns and issues. Facilitate conflict resolution, conduct mediations and advise management on the process.
- Develop performance management processes and consult with management on performance management issues.
- Consult with the management team in the planning stages of compensation proposals such as career progression, market and equity salary adjustments and supplemental compensation.
- Review, propose and implement a “Total Rewards” structure that aligns with the firm’s strategic direction and budget.
- Arrange for training needs assessments and may assist in the delivery of training and development programs.
- Maintain all personnel related records including Masterfile information, payroll records, regulatory records, training and development records, time off records and performance reviews.
- Review, implement and coach managers on programs to promote employee engagement and positive employee relations including employee recognition programs.
- Develop effective and cost efficient recruitment strategies and screening for qualified talent as needed.
- Principles, practices and procedures of Human Resources associated with employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations and organizational development.
- Legal requirements and federal and state regulations related to the Human Resources function.
- Working structure, policies, mission, and strategies of the Firm.
- Principles, practices and procedures of compliance regulations.
- Process all benefit changes including new hires, life events, terminations and COBRA enrollments.
- Day-to-day payroll and benefits administration, including enrollments, changes, terminations, and bimonthly running of payroll.
- Review and analyze general ledger transactions and accounts. Manage payroll portion of general ledger, with approval and support.
- Reporting on payroll and benefits on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Preferred: 2+ years in shipping / logistics / supply chain management industry.
- Strongly preferred: 8+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Preferred: SHRM-CP or PHR certification.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
- Physical ability to: communicate clearly and accurately, operate a computer and other office equipment.
Competencies for Success
- Action Oriented Collaborates Communicates Effectively
- Interpersonal Savvy Drives Engagement Resourcefulness
- Manages Complexity Manages Conflict Decision Quality
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person