Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned, Northland Properties' are recognized as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, resorts, sports, construction, and asset management. Our well-known and loved brands have been bringing people together to celebrate unforgettable experiences across Canada, the US, Ireland, and the UK for over 50 years. As Canada’s fastest-growing hospitality group, we believe the foundation of our continued success is our people and their ability to take great care of our guests.
Sandman Hotel Group is looking for dynamic, outgoing, ambitious and confident General Managers with a passion for customer service to join our team, we have upcoming vacancies across Canada due to the growth of our company, some in brand new locations. If this sounds like you, please see below.
The General Manager under the direction of the Regional Director will primarily be responsible for the overall operations of the Hotel. They develop the budget for each department, approve expenses and establish the standards of service. The General Manager also has responsibility for departmental meetings, supplier relations and overall maintenance of the establishment. The manager will address and deal with customer complaints and ensure that customers have an enjoyable visit at the hotel.
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Resource and Fiscal Management
- Service Orientation
- Assume overall responsibility for the operations of the hotel.
- Establish the financial and service standards for the hotel.
- Directs the focus of the Sales Department.
- Contribute to the development of the organization's vision and strategy to guide the organization and ensuring co-operation across departments.
- Monitor departmental performance against goals and take corrective action when necessary, including implementing cost-savings measures as required.
- Provide vision and leadership to staff members and encourage the growth and financial viability of the company.
- Provide written and verbal reports on organizational activities on an ongoing basis, and as requested from time to time.
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational and departmental policies and programs; establish financial and administrative controls; formulate and approve promotional campaigns; and approve overall human resources planning.
- Schedule staff and work activities.
- Supervise, and provide advice, support, guidance, and direction to staff; monitor the performance of staff on an on-going basis, conduct annual performance reviews, discipline and terminate staff as required.
- Liaise with outside vendors and negotiate over service prices/contracts.
- Prepare budgets and monitor expenses.
- Answer customer questions regarding policies and procedures; deals with customer complaints and comments. Address and troubleshoot problems and concerns.
- Inspect property and services to ensure the compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Inspect hotel for cleanliness and appearance; supervises maintenance, supplies, renovations and furnishings.
- Coordinate front-office activities of hotels and resolve problems.
- Develop advertising strategies and campaigns.
- Participate in community affairs and maintains a positive public image for the hotel including representing the hotel at tourism and business associations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years Hotel General Manager experience, or 3-4 years of Sales or Rooms Division Manager experience.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management would be an asset.
- "Hands-on" Management style
- Exceptional Leadership skills
- Commitment to exceeding Guest expectations.
- Computer literate with knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint), and Hotel PMS's.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities for self and others in the hotel.
- Ability to develop and motivate staff to achieve challenging goals.
We believe that by taking care of our team members, we create a positive atmosphere that benefits both our team members and guests. We want you to love coming to work and also find that working with Northland has a positive influence on your life outside of work.
- Rewards & Recognition
- Team rates from $59 per night, Family & Friends rates too!
- 25% discount at our restaurants for up to 6 people
- Ongoing Employee events, incentives & recognition
- Growth Opportunities- Career Advancement starts from Within
- Dedicated Training Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)- Free mental Health Support, Legal & Financial Counselling
- Refer a friend or family and earn money!
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care!
- Complimentary Stays
- RRSP Matching
- Milestone Rewards
- Tuition Credit Program
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sandman Hotel Group, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
Sandman Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Sandman Hotel Group does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, provincial or local laws. Sandman Hotel Grouptakes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code.
At Northland Properties, we are committed to building a network of talented professionals who can help to provide exceptional hospitality experiences. As an equal opportunity employer, we are constantly seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join us in various fields, including Construction, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, and Support Center. To join our dedicated team and be a part of our thriving hospitality community, explore the exciting career opportunities available at https://northland.ca/careers/.