Derek A. French Professional Services Inc. (DAF Services) offers surveying, planning and municipal engineering services to municipalities, residential and commercial developments, along with all levels of government throughout Prince Edward Island.
DAF Services is looking for an organized and self-motivated office administrator who will be responsible for providing administrative support to our team of engineers and surveyors. The office administrator’s role will include working closely with the team by handling clerical duties. To be successful in this position you should be detail-oriented, professional, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Office Administrator Responsibilities & Duties:
▪ Clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, entering time sheets, purchasing office supplies, and scanning documents.
▪ Preparing work orders, opening and maintaining job files, and performing property research.
▪ Performing bookkeeping tasks such as preparing job costs for invoicing, payroll, accounts receivable, and CRA remittances.
▪ Preparing a variety of documents and reports.
▪ Binding, and trimming and folding survey plans.
▪ Performing other relevant duties essential to the role of Office Administrator when required.
Office Administrator Requirements:
▪ Must have a high-school graduation or GED.
▪ Successful completion of a recognized office studies program would be an asset.
▪ Two or more years’ experience working in an office setting.
▪ Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access), Sage and Quickbooks accounting software and Adobe.
▪ Must be comfortable handling confidential information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$23.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person