We are seeking a highly skilled part-time Construction Manager (contractor) to oversee and manage hospitality construction projects from conception to completion.
The ideal candidate will have experience in project management and interior design/construction.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials, and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Proven working experience in construction management, preferably with small hotels or accomodations.
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details, relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process- Ability to plan and see the "big picture"
- Competent in conflict resolution
- Leadership skills
Job Type: Freelance
Salary: $50,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V6A 1R2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person