Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
At Metrolinx, equity, diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values of serving with passion, thinking forward and playing as a team.
Our Human Resources Client Services team is growing! Are you a proactive, experienced and trusted HR partner? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to play a role in shaping the future of transportation in Ontario? Then consider joining our expanding team providing strategic HR advice and guidance to leaders across the organization in a variety of functions from corporate, to operations, to capital program delivery.
We are hiring several results-oriented Human Resources Business Partners with a passion to enable our clients to achieve their business goals and transformation agenda. The key focus of this role is to be a trusted HR partner to leaders by providing advice and guidance on complex HR issues and by developing and leading HR programs to increase employee engagement, develop and coach future leaders and plan for future workforce needs.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner, you will:
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships within assigned client group(s) ensuring the integration of program planning and business needs with the appropriate HR strategies, services and supports.
- Provide People Leaders with strategic and consultative services on complex people matters.
- Participate in the enterprise-wide annual business planning and business transformation processes to assess and plan future workforce needs, headcount growth requirements and implications on organizational structure meeting short- and long-term business priorities.
- Advise and assist leaders in determining and assessing ongoing labour planning needs through continual examination and alignment of positions/workforce planning, job description reviews, headcount and organization structure in consideration of business short and long-term needs
- Provide proactive HR leadership, advice guidance and creative solutions on a variety of HR operational and strategic HR issues
- Support leaders in addressing performance management issues, including application of the collective agreement where applicable; analyze labour relations risks and consult internally with Labour Relations and Legal partners to develop options and recommendations
- Identify, assess, develop and evaluate overall business impacts, risk and change management strategies associated with achieving business plans; develop and recommend changes in organizational capacities, restructuring and organizational and business changes
- Develop briefing notes, presentations and communications to support client group needs
- Strive for continuous improvement and participates/lead HR projects
What Skills and Qualifications Do I Need?
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a related discipline to Human Resources Management/Business Administration, or equivalent experience; CHRP and/or CHRL is an asset
- Minimum six (6) years progressively responsible and related generalist experience in Human Resources including Performance Management, Talent Management, Business Transformation and organizational design principles as well as policies and related legislation.
- Previous experience supporting organizational business transformation is a strong asset
- Experience in a unionized environment is a strong asset.
- Demonstrated strong functional expertise in all HR disciplines, programs and practices
- Knowledge of business planning including business transformation, organizational effectiveness and performance review
- Analytical skills to assess business requirements and previous experience supporting People Leaders in making data-based business decisions
- Excellent written skills to prepare business cases, document issues synthesizing the essence of issues, risks and mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated internal consulting capability with leaders and strong influencing ability
- Prior experience supporting a large technology department or organization an asset.
Don’t Meet Every Requirement?
If you’re excited about working with Metrolinx but your past experience doesn’t quite align with every qualification of this posting, we encourage you to apply. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are always looking for great talent to join our team.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, women, people with disabilities, and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations.
We value the unique skills and experiences each person brings to Metrolinx and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. We are committed to the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act so if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please let our Recruitment team know by contacting us at: 416-202-5601 or email [email protected].
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this opportunity, please submit an application via our careers page at https://ehtc.fa.ca2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/105383/?utm_medium=jobshare
WE ARE AN EQUITABLE AND INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $87,879.00-$119,440.00 per year
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-05-12