CARO Analytical Services is an employee-owned environmental and food laboratory that provides professional analytical testing services to public and private clients throughout Western Canada. Whether supporting a client cleaning up a contaminated site, providing water quality data to ensure Canadians have access to clean water, or supporting the government in testing our food source for potential pesticide exceedances, CARO provides the data essential to the success of these programs. CARO also happens to have a pretty awesome corporate culture thanks to a great team of employees who take their jobs seriously, but not themselves: We are charismatic scientists, driven to make the world safer and healthier.
DESCRIPTION: Organics Laboratory Technician - Full Time Tue-Sat morning shift (7am-3:30pm)
As a Laboratory Technician for CARO Analytical Services’ growing laboratory network, your main responsibilities will include:
- Follow analytical methods in accordance with SOPs and specific study requirements.
- Prepare all required reagents, standards, reference materials, etc.
- Analyze client/QC samples using documented specific methods and/or procedures.
- Ensure that work is conducted in adherence with quality standards.
- Perform sample preparation using documented procedures. - filtration, screening, extraction & digestion.
- Maintain logs and record as required by quality documents.
- Dispose samples according to local regulations.
- Operate instrumentation and processes analytical data.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and calibrate instrumentation.
- Carry out all required data processing (i.e. calculations, data review, data entry, archival, etc.).
- Receive and ship supplies, assist to restock laboratory consumables/chemicals, and general laboratory clean-up and maintenance.
- Complete other administrative duties as directed
- University or College degree/diploma in a related field is required.
- Experience with Liquid/Liquid Extraction is an asset.
- Experience in operating or maintaining GCMS and/or GCFID is an asset.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions.
- Punctual, detail orientated with strong record keeping and communication skills.
- Ability to lift up to 40lb and perform repetitive tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- working in a laboratory: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person