Pulmonary Function Technologist
An excellent opportunity for an experienced Healthcare Professional looking for the next step on their career path.
Aveiro Sleep/Sleep Medix is an Alberta-based provider of Pulmonary Function Testing, Home Sleep Apnea Testing (HSAT), CPAP therapy, and Home Oxygen services, which has catered to OSA and respiratory patients for over two decades. Our local clinics allow us to test, treat, and support thousands of patients close to their homes by providing exceptional patient care that improves our patient’s overall health and quality of life. We are a vibrant, driven, and energetic organization that exhibits a passion for sleep and respiratory care. Our patients are at the center of everything we do. We endeavor to attract and retain professional, highly motivated, and patient-focused team members. Our company offers competitive compensation, education sessions, health and dental benefits, and multiple team-building events!
We are seeking a confident, passionate, and professional Healthcare Professional to fill the role of PULMONARY FUNCTION TECHNOLOGIST for a full-time position in Lloydminster, AB.
In the position of PULMONARY FUNCTION TECHNOLOGIST reporting to the Director of Operations, or approved designate, you will be expected to work daily with clinical and administrative team members to ensure that Aveiro Sleep is delivering the highest level of clinical care and support to current and prospective patients. Our patients are at the center of everything we do.
· Daily calibrations of PFT equipment as well as cleaning, logs, and maintenance of equipment
· Perform Pulmonary Function Testing
· Booking of patient testing
· Completion of PFT reports and sending out reports to ordering physicians
· Screen patients for PFT exclusion criteria or any contraindications
· Review patient information and explain testing procedures to patients
· Protect company/patient information and privacy by maintaining confidentiality
· Provide best practices for optimal patient care and work collaboratively with all team members
To qualify for this role, you must have:
· An active registration with the College & Association of Respiratory Therapists of Alberta (CARTA)
· An active registration with the Canadian Association of Certified Planning Technicians (CACPT).
· Proven track record of success treating and managing patients with a strong focus on clinical Best Practices.
· Demonstrated understanding of the Homecare landscape and clinical care pathway.
· Strong communication skills ensuring the integrity of our relationships with AADL, Specialty clinics, specialists/referral partners.
· Strong decision-making, critical thinking, and execution skills.
· Strong administrative and organizational skills; attention to detail and timelines is a necessity.
· Strong aptitude for the suite of Microsoft products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
· Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills; ability to manage stressful situation is an asset.
· Outgoing and engaging personality, high regard for professional appearance and demeanor.
Prior Pulmonary Function lab experience is an asset, but we are willing to train the right applicant.
*Rate of Pay is Based on Experience and Qualifications*
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time, Monday to Friday
· Company events
· Dental care
· Extended health care
· Vision care
· Monthly incentive bonuses
· 8-hour shift
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Full-time
- Do you have previous PFT experience working at a sleep company?
Work Location: In person