Hammond Power Solutions Inc. is a global manufacturer headquartered in Guelph, Ontario, Canada. HPS has grown to become the leader in North America in the custom design and manufacture of dry type transformers. For the past century, HPS has grown to deliver electrical power solutions to global markets and provides solutions for complex applications such as: mining, rectifier, drives, traction, wind, solar and many other electrical power applications. The world relies on HPS to continually conceive and produce state-of-the-art transformer technology.
We currently have an opening for 2 General Manufacturing Labourers. Come and grow with us!
We are seeking individuals to join our team who will perform a number of tasks related to the manufacturing of our world class dry-type transformers. There is a vacancy in a Coil Winding role and a Stacking role. These positions require team members to support a multiple shift, safety minded environment that utilizes operating procedures to ensure quality, production and delivery goals for our customers.
Typical duties for our General Manufacturing Labour positions may include, but are not limited to:
· Performing general labour duties, ensuring a safety focus mindset at all times, related to the winding of materials or the production of coils, insulation and/or wire, completing the required checklists, records, logs;
· Operating equipment in accordance with standard instructions and engineering drawings to fabricate and assemble products, ensuring the achievement of quality standards, production goals, and delivery requirements;
· Utilize computers to maintain the status of jobs;
· Operate material handling equipment as required;
· Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives.
As the ideal candidate you will possess the following:
· Completion of High School, or GED is required;
· Previous experience with metal forming, pouring and/or assembly, with experience specific to the transformer industry considered an asset;
· Ability to operate industrial equipment – Raymond reach, cranes, forklifts;
· Ability to read, understand and follow instructions from Manufacturing Information Packages (i.e. blue prints, engineering drawings);
· Proven ability to work in a team environment, and able to work independently as required;
· Must be able to work afternoon shift: four – 10 hour shifts starting at 4:15 pm.
HPS recognizes the contributions of our team members and provides future opportunities for advancement, offers attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and families, such as:
· Competitive wages ranging from $23 to $26 an hour, with growth after 1 year;
· Group health and wellness benefits and programs, including prescription drugs, paramedical, dental, vision, life insurance coverage and employee and family assistance program;
· Group retirement pension plan with employer match;
· Employee Share ownership program;
· Optional Group RRSP planning;
· Scholarship programs.
NOTE: Hammond Power Solutions encourages applications from all qualified candidates. HPS has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Human Resources if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $24.00-$30.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- As per our mandatory vaccination policy have you received 2 doses of the COVID 19 vaccine or have a valid medical/religious exemption?
- Secondary School (required)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person