FUNCTION: Acts as a junior leader, trains, leads and directs 2nd and 3rd Cooks. Trains new associates and leads by example at all times. Assist all the cooks as required and responsible for the immediate working area and/or as the Executive Chef delegates.
- Ensuring all prep, stocking and preparation of assigned station items is performed to standard.
- Maintaining an updated mis-en-place list.
- Assisting during the preparation and cooking for food.
- Assists in preparation and set-up of buffets.
- Maintaining a sanitary kitchen by adhering to local sanitation, storage, and refrigeration requirements and codes; cleaning equipment.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner according to established safe work practices.
- Report any accidents, injuries, near misses and/or hazardous conditions.
- Other related duties as necessary.
- Minimum 5 years culinary experience within a high volume operation.
- Working knowledge of municipal health standards for kitchen operations.
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in the English.
- Ability to work cooperatively with culinary and serving teams.
- Preference will be given to candidates with culinary certification through a recognized institution.
HOURS OF WORK: Days of the week vary according to business levels.
Shift are between the hours of 5:00am and 11:30pm; weekends, evenings, and holidays required
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person