York Hyperbaric Medical Center & Osler Hyperbaric Medical Center provides hyperbaric oxygen treatments for a variety of conditions for Newmarket, Brampton and surrounding regions.
As a Hyperbaric Technologist/Chamber operator, you will be joining a team of compassionate health care providers seeking to positively impact the patients’ quality of life throughout their healing journey.
We are seeking a Hyperbaric Technologist for a Full Time position.
The Hourly compensation starts at $24 (salary to be increased based on level of experience) with performance based bonuses.
You will be responsible for administering hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients of the Hyperbaric Medicine Center under the supervision of a hyperbaric physician and safety director. All therapeutic and diagnostic modalities will be ordered by the hyperbaric physician.
TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED.
A BACKGROUND IN HEALTHCARE OR DIVING IS PREFERRED
Details of the Position:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the policies and procedures of Hyperbaric Medicine.
- Perform the following duties per departmental policy and physician instruction
- blood glucose monitoring
- hyperbaric treatment and monitoring
- complete and maintain patient treatment/diagnostic records
- educate patient and/or patient's family as to the benefits, risks, contraindications, and safety issues of hyperbaric oxygen therapy before treatment
- Clean and maintain the equipment according to infection control standards.
- Maintain continuous quality improvement duties and chart audits.
- Perform an inventory check, and maintain a record of supplies and laundry items.
- Maintain equipment and check backup air and oxygen supplies on a daily basis.
- Evaluate the patient outcome and meet with the manager and the hyperbaric physician to discuss patient treatment and adjust treatment as necessary.
- Consult with the hyperbaric physician regarding any adverse reactions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Health Care Background
- Experience in Diving or training as a Hyperbaric Chamber operator is an asset
- Training will be provided to become a Certified Hyperbaric Technician
- Basic use of computers including MS Office applications & use of an Ipad
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $24.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-10