We are looking for a Technician 1 for our Guelph facility. In this role you will be responsible for the set up and monitoring of the Coating Machines. The Main responsibility is to prepare the coating system, load, unload the chamber, change the magnetic systems and input process parameters in the operator screen. This Individual will pre-treat a variety of customer products using standardized methods to prepare products for coating. Person will use analytical thinking and a high-degree of creativity to oversee and assemble chamber loads based on customer specifications. As part of his/her regular responsibilities, this person will make critical processing decisions, to initiate the coating process as well as be responsible for disassembling and reconfiguring the chamber for subsequent loads.
Aside from a dynamic global culture and leading market position, we are proud to offer our employees development opportunities, competitive salary and a robust benefit program.
- Perform daily changeover maintenance of pre/post treatment equipment
- Optimize the daily use of production equipment
- Follow standard procedures and interpret customer work instructions
- Work with Quality Coordinator and Center Manager to identify and address quality concerns
- Providing training and assistance to other employees on equipment operation and maintenance
- Learn new skills and Cross-train into various departments
- Operating and maintaining coating equipment according to specifications
- Minimizing equipment downtime through preventative maintenance procedures
- Learning fixturing and de fixturing techniques
- Maintaining and updating equipment records
- Assisting with quality assurance and other technical matters as required
- Performing other duties as required to assure customer satisfaction
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a ‘customer-friendly’ manner
- Receive and inspect customer product for processing
- Establish product process sequence
- Inspect finished product
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.
- Commits to corporate core values, goals, mission and vision.
- High School graduate or GED or equivalent experience.
- 2-4 years of previous experience in HVAC, carpentry, automotive/industrial equipment repair, or construction preferred
- Knowledge of cutting tools (e.g., drills, etc.)
- Previous experience with coating techniques, blasting, or plating strongly desired
- Individual must have strong work ethic, be detail-oriented, and creative
- Must be comfortable working with hands and be able to lift 30lbs
- Must be proficient in ordering supplies via the internet.
- Experience with MS Office.
- Knowledge of industrial cutting tools (e.g. drills, etc.) preferred but not required.
- Indivdiual must have strong work ethic, be high-energy, and detail oriented.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime when required.
Team Spirit is one of our core values. Collaborating across borders, languages and cultures is key to us delivering results. Supporting our peoples growth and development is a top priority. We believe in the creative power of a team that draws strength from welcoming a broad expanse of knowledge, experience and perspectives
Are you curious? Then release your passion to succeed and APPLY to discover how you can help us build a better world and realize how you can make a personal difference by joining our global team! Our commitment is your success!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.00-$24.00 per hour
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON N1L 0B9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person