Would you be interested in a new opportunity to put your great skills to work for you?
Look no further, this opportunity is for you!
Reliance Products Ltd. has been manufacturing industrial packaging and outdoor recreation products in Winnipeg for over 60 years. The average tenure at Reliance is 16+ years, which has helped us to establish a strong people-oriented culture.
Awesome Relationships, Continuous Improvement, Exceptional Service, and Succeed Together Safely are not just words, these are our core values. These strong core values are exemplified every day in how we deal with our customers, our suppliers, and each other.
All roles within Reliance are filled in respect of equal opportunity and offer market competitive salaries and comprehensive paid benefit packages.
Please take the time to discover the open opportunity outlined below and who knows.....you could be the next member of our growing family!
To organize, and handle internal flow of material assuring the production facility is accurately supplied in advance of production.
- Review production schedule and coordinate with the production team to ensure materials are prepared in advance of production runs
- Clean and perform minor routine maintenance on material handling and conveyance equipment
- Maintain accurate material inventory tracking including weighing raw materials
- Verify and adjust material levels during production runs ensuring machines are supplied with the required resin volume
- Communicate with the Maintenance Department regarding equipment issues
- Organize and maintain the molding machine injection unit, surrounding area
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Assist with special projects, initiatives and other duties as assigned
- Participate in shift hand off meetings to ensure successful transfer of knowledge.
- Attend production scheduling, quality & training meetings.
- Effectively prioritize workload, to problem solve, and to adapt to frequent interruptions and change.
- Follow safety policies & procedures.
- Promote a quality orientated culture.
- Attend safety, technical and other training courses as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS TO ASSURE SUCCESS:
- 2 or more years of experience in Material Handling at a plastic processing facility or similar
- Ability to drive a forklift and reach truck.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS Basic to medium experience in running plastic injection molding machines
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $16.00-$19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Manufacturing: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-10