Hilton Garden Inn & Homewood Suites – Calgary Downtown
Front Desk Agent, Part-Time
Reporting to Guest Services Manager
Passion Drives Performance. InnVest succeeds because our people love what we do. Our entire team shares a deep-rooted passion for the world of hospitality & travel that extends far beyond the walls of our offices and hotels.
With 77 hotels in our portfolio, representing 18 internationally recognized hotel brands, InnVest is the largest independent owner of hotels in Canada. In addition, our management team oversees the day-to-day activities of almost 70 hotels also making InnVest the largest independent operator of hotels in Canada. InnVest’s portfolio is geographically diverse with hotels from Vancouver, BC to Corner Brook, NFLD but also experientially diverse from Roadside inns to luxury urban properties. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
Dual branded in the East Village of Calgary’s Downtown, our 198 room Hilton Garden Inn and 122 suite Homewood Suites, with 4,000 sq. ft. of naturally lit meeting space, restaurant, lounge, and indoor pool are adjacent to Calgary’s award winning Central Public Library, and one block Studio Bell. Conveniently located just one block from City Hall train station.
Front Desk Agents contribute to the overall success of the hotel by ensuring our guest’s needs are met in a prompt and professional manner and that all guest and financial transactions are completed accurately. Currently looking for part-time with open availability, potential to move into full-time.
As a part-time role, this role is eligible for free staff meals, discounted room rates through the Go Hilton travel program, and participation in the employee referral program. Full-time team members are also entitled to employer-paid health benefits after six months.
The duties and responsibilities for the Front Desk Agent include, but are not limited to the following:
· Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using upselling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check in and out and VIP arrivals
· Checks guests out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
· Responds to guest requests promptly; promotes hotel services, facilities and outlets; provides guests with information such as local attractions and directions to increase satisfaction.
· Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
· Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction..
· Communicate with MOD and co-workers regarding product or service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
· Adhere to all health and safety guidelines and standards. Ensure good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
· Previous Customer Service experience or hotel experience is an asset.
· Will be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays. Occasional overnight coverage may be required (in instances of overnight staff vacations or turnover)
· Completion of High School, GED or equivalent required.
· Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task and work under heavy pressure / stress during busy times.
· Strong communication skills.
· Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance.
· Job requires standing for long periods of time, ability to assist with luggage weighing up to 50 pounds, and continual typing / computer usage.
InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time
Salary: From $19.32 per hour
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekends as needed
- customer service: 2 years (required)
- Hotel: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person