Come work & play in beautiful Muskoka! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.''
Taboo Muskoka is hiring Servers! Do you love meeting new people and not only know what it means to meet customer expectations, you 'exceed them' for breakfast?! If you have your SMART SERVE, are a self starter, can work under pressure and have a sense of urgency when it comes to delivering exceptional customer service, keep reading and see if this role is for you!
Come work & play in beautiful Muskoka this summer! Taboo Muskoka is a privately owned Resort and Golf Operation whose mandate is to 'Create happiness by offering incredible Muskoka experiences to our guests and team.' The health and safety of our staff, condo owners and guests is paramount and only candidates fully vaccinated and willing to comply with the new Covid-19 policies and protocols will be considered.
Our Food & Beverage team is looking for SERVERS to work in the Boathouse Restaurant. Serving our leisure guests, condo owners, locals and/or working events with corporate clients on beautiful Lake Muskoka is a great way to spend your summer!
Join Taboo Muskoka’s Food & Beverage team now!
- Greet guests, present menus, inform of any specials, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverage items.
- Take food and beverage orders and accurately relay to kitchen and bar staff via the POS system in a timely fashion, accurately and effectively communicating any modifications if required.
- Up-sell wine and beverage items to compliment food selections.
- Serve all food and beverage orders efficiently using proper service etiquette.
- Ensure guest satisfaction and report any problems or concerns to Dining Room Supervisor and/or Chef.
- Ensure that the dining room area is properly set, cleared, cleaned and re-set throughout the entire shift, completion of side duties;
- Ensuring guest complaints are resolved in a professional way
- Other duties as and when assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
- Previous experience in casual fine dining an asset.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Ontario Smart Serve certification
- Food handling certification an asset but not required.
- First Aid/CPR certification an asset but not required.
- Indoors and outdoors in the spring/summer and fall weather conditions on covered patio, dining room and conference rooms.
- Moving furniture when preparing special arrangements.
- Walking, bending, carrying glassware, plates, glass racks, large platters, and chaffing dishes.
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS.
- Long periods of standing on your feet.
- Must be willing to work multiple shifts including, morning, afternoon, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Benefits of Working at Taboo Muskoka
- $1 per hour bonus for completing your contract
- $500 for referring fellow team members and earn $ for bringing in business
- Complimentary 2-night stay (off season)
- Complimentary use of resort amenities including trails, bikes, beach, pools, tennis, golf, gym
- Potential room for career advancement
- Staff (and friends and family) discounts on meals, rooms, merchandise and golf
- Staff appreciation events and activities
- Employee recognition program
- Employee Wellness
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resources.
Please be aware that Taboo Muskoka has a mandatory vaccination policy in effect for all employees.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must be legally entitled to work in Canada. We are not accepting International applicants without a valid work permit. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Taboo Muskoka will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise Human Resource.
Taboo Muskoka is committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and our customers and visitors. Employment with Taboo Muskoka is conditional upon you having received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to your start date. You must provide a copy of your Ministry of Health COVID-19 Vaccine Dose. If you have a medical reason, or any other reason pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code, for not being fully vaccinated now or in the future, you may submit a written request for accommodation with an explanation of the ground and/or any supporting documentation to assist in the determination of exemption from this condition.