Lindenwood Retirement Living provides housing, recreation, and social services to Seniors in a caring Christian Environment. We place value on serving with compassion, embracing independence, fostering connection, and leading innovation. We are committed to a culture that fosters teamwork, innovation, and creativity.
COVID-19 vaccines are proven to be effective and are the best available means to ensure the protections of our communities. Vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all staff at Lindenwood unless the employee can provide proof of a legitimate exemption (i.e. Government approved medical exemption). Although boosters are not required at this time, we highly recommend all staff receive their booster as soon as they are eligible.
We are currently seeking a full-time Cook to join our team.
Work Life at Lindenwood:
- Stable hours full time hours (32 hours/week) – Generally the shifts are Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, however Lindenwood Reserves the right to adjust these as necessary.
- Paid annual vacation and sick time on permanent part time positions guaranteed 20+ hours/week
- Cost shared benefit plan after six months of employment, including Life Insurance, Disability, Health and Dental for permanent positions guaranteed 30+ hours/week
- Company matched pension plan after two years of employment for all permanent positions guaranteed 20+ hours/week
- Discounted on-site meals
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Long Service Awards
- Chaplin on site
What you will do:
- Preparing and cooking meals and ensuring proper delivery during meal times
- Plate meals according to Food Service standards
- Wash kitchen dishes and assist with dining room dishes as required.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and follow cleaning checklists
- Ensure proper food safe procedures
What you will offer:
- Experience in Line Cooking
- Certificate from a Post Secondary Institution
- Ability to lift, carry
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both written and verbally
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.46 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- What interests you in working at Lindenwood Retirement Living?
- Please confirm whether you are fully vaccinated (2+ doses) against COVID-19
Work Location: In person