Emil Anderson Construction - Join Our Gold Seal Certified Team
Emil Anderson Construction (EAC) is an award winning integrated construction company with over 70 years’ experience successfully completing road and bridge building, paving and industrial projects throughout B.C.
As a family-owned and people focused company we strive to train and develop the best leaders in our industry. We provide a culture of learning, open communication, professionalism, respect and accountability. Our commitment to excellence and professionalism has earned us the esteemed recognition of being a Gold Seal certified employer in the construction industry.
Due to growth in all of our divisions we are seeking a Project Manager for our civil construction division in BC. This is an opportunity to influence our future and make a difference in our company’s success.
Emil Anderson Construction (EAC) Inc. is seeking a Project Manager to join our team in B.C. Operations are based out of Kelowna, for the right candidate there may be options based in another location in Southern BC.
Anticipates project needs with sufficient lead-time to avoid delay.
- Ensures project deliverables and plans are prepared and issued to the client in accordance with the contract requirements.
- Develops and monitors resource requirements for the project, coordinates with other personnel and operating divisions to optimize corporate resource utilization.
- Corresponds with subcontractors and major suppliers to prepares contracts.
- Provides positive safety and quality leadership throughout the duration of the project.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to monitor financial aspects of the contract to protect both parties interests.
- Monitors construction progress and updates the Operations Manager to ensure projects are built on schedule and within budget.
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolves problems proactively.
- Mentor and lead operations staff on site.
- Regularly monitors and reviews project cost variances, providing feedback to project teams as appropriate.
- Demonstrate leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project.
- Has working knowledge of health, safety and environmental protection practices and procedures as they apply to common construction processes
- Develop, maintain, and drive the construction schedule in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Evaluate workmanship and quality and abide by the company Quality Management program.
- Work with the project team to issue material purchase orders and confirms receipt of materials and return of equipment.
- Supervise and mentor site personnel
- Maintain a thorough Superintendent’s daily report that accurately tracks site progress, events, inspections, and other relevant information
- Capable of identifying constructability issues in moderately complex situations and creating solutions in the construction plan and schedule.
5 years of Project Management experience managing self-perform civil construction;
- 3+ years of experience managing in a unionized environment;
- Engineering, Construction Management, or Civil Technologist diploma;
- Strong knowledge of construction disciplines, cost control, scheduling and safety regulations
- Ability to take on unique challenges daily, with the responsibility of keeping a project on schedule and in budget.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Willing to travel out of town;
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC Health & Safety legislation and regulations;
- Must possess a vail class 5 driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract;
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
The salary range for this position will be discussed during the interview stage, taking into consideration candidate qualifications and experience.
Emil Anderson Group is an equal opportunity employer, in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, promotions, and benefits. We base such decisions solely on job-related qualifications, skills, and abilities without regard to race, nationality, ethnicity, color, gender, political affiliation, religion/belief system, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, age, diverse ability, or any other characteristic.