Title: Project Manager
Location: Abbotsford head office and sites (Abbotsford, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam)
Reports to: Vice President, Construction
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: November 1, 2023
Quantum Properties Construction Inc. is a medium sized Construction company part of the
Quantum Properties group of companies that is developing and building several large projects around the lower mainland. We are offering a challenging and rewarding career opportunity for the successful candidate. We offer professional development and a great corporate culture. Join the team that empowers each other with integrity and respect.
Quantum is seeking a Project Manager who will work closely with site superintendents and other divisions within Quantum, overseeing and organizing contracts, developing schedules, budget reporting, and will provide value-added support for successful completion of a project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop scopes of work for tendering trade contracts.
- Work with municipality and various consultants to obtain building permit.
- Oversee site mobilization including site office, storage, temporary fencing, temporary power and related permits and insurance.
- Issue trade contracts and monitor trade progress for monthly invoicing.
- Prepare purchase orders and change orders as well as coordinate the flow of information by circulating RFI’s/SI’s/shop drawings.
- Liaise with the site team as this position requires travel between the office and site.
- Update drawings as changes occur and track progress.
- Provide research and input on product selection.
- Complete purchasing to ensure timely and cost-effective delivery of construction materials.
- Oversee compliance with building code, bylaws, and site safety programs.
- Ensure pre-occupancy deficiencies are rectified.
- Gather occupancy paperwork and final documents, obtain Occupancy Certificate, and closeout the project.
- Ensure post-construction deficiencies are rectified.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the residential construction industry.
- Formal education with a focus on project management – BCIT construction management programs, PMP certification, or Gold Seal certification considered an asset.
- Able to manage construction projects with a combined cost of at least $ 30 million dollars delivered on budget and on schedule.
- Committed to personal excellence and a solution-oriented attitude in all situations.
- Detail-oriented; organizational skills and problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills with above average written and verbal skills.
- Personality that will positively contribute to a project team.
- Desire to learn and ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Proficiency in MS Office and other pertinent software.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply:
- Submit resume and brief cover letter to [email protected]
- In subject line include: “Application for project manager”.
- Position will remain open until filled.
- We thank all applicants, but only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview, no phone calls please.
300-2190 West Railway St. w: quantumproperties.ca Abbotsford, BC
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abbotsford, BC V2S 2E2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Project management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-11-01