Job Title: Instructor for the Medical Office Assistant & Unit Clerk Program
- Plan lessons, assignments, and tests where applicable.
- Instruct and evaluate students in their area of specialty with approved materials.
- Keep up-to-date with, and effectively use, relevant technology and media in classes.
- Assess students’ progress by grading papers, tests, and other work
- Track student attendance.
- Implement and adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties/participate in special projects as assigned.
- Act as a mentor for students by developing action plans to assist students in achieving their goals.
- Create dynamic and engaging classrooms to facilitate adult learners in achieving their learning objectives.
- Be available to problem solve all students and staff for questions and concerns daily.
- Support and guide students in a positive learning environment on the duties and responsibilities of an MOA.
- Complete weekly report on students and their progress.
- Document in the computer-based program on students’ performance.
- Help to Find guest speakers, resources, etc. to enhance learning.
- Bachelor degree in related medical science preferred.
- Diploma from a recognized college in a healthcare profession including Medical Office Assistant, Medical Secretary, Certified Medical Assisting Professional or degree in nursing.
- Two years or more full-time years' experience in a teaching, hospital, medical office/clinic or medical health setting is required.
- Perfect knowledge in computer skills and (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- Teaching experience/and or possession of an Instructor’s certificate is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in general medical administrative duties (Booking appts, answering phones/ faxing, stocking of office supplies, inventory, processing billing/coding & payments, managing of lab results).
- Ability to perform clinical duties such as vital signs (Manual & Electronic), obtaining patient specimens and preparing rooms for clinical procedures, preparation of sterile field, suture/staple removal, prep for & data collection from EKG, knowledge of applying and removing personal protective equipment (gloves, gown mask, etc) accurately.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of assisting with all routes of medication administration
- Knowledge or training in Nutrition and Health Promotion.
- Knowledge with Accuro or similar EMR systems.
- Ability to create a policy & procedure manual.
- Sound Knowledge of PHIA (Personal Health Information Act).
- Strong understanding of Anatomy/Physiology and Medical Terminology.
- Minimum 1+ years, experience with Medical Transcription & Dictation.
- Sound knowledge, comprehension of English Grammar & punctuation concepts.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students, and the ability to develop a rapport with a diverse population.
- Confident and self-management skills are essential.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Efficient with strong organizational skills.
- Dependable, reliable & punctual.
- Approachable, adaptable and flexible.
- Multicultural sensitivity/awareness.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
The position will be on a contract basis and classes will be on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (MT).
We thank all applicants but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Adult teaching: 1 year (required)
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-09-24
Expected start date: 2023-10-16