The Lead Finisher is part of the production team who manages the finishing department. This role is responsible for checking quality, scheduling the batches to be sprayed, Making sure product is ordered correctly and on time, ensuring that the timeline for delivery is made and that the members of the department are properly trained. This person is also hands on in the finishing department day to day.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the daily targets of finishing required to meet shipping targets.
- Ability to train employees on how to sand parts correctly and spray primer and lacquers.
- Apply spray and wipe stains.
- Updating and communicating schedules for the finishing department.
- Managing people within the department to make sure they have the supplies and training needed to perform the tasks required.
- Ensure that any supplies required for the department are stocked.
- Track daily square foot finishing numbers.
- Organizing and distributing paperwork for the department.
- Checking quality of product and ensure it meets Ceanesse standards.
- Coordinating with the foreman when timelines are tight, or help is required in the department.
- Ensuring the department is punched into the correct job and task for job cost tracking.
- Ability to read and understand the finishing paperwork and drawings.
- Understand and demonstrate the need for cleanliness and safety in the finishing department and use proper PPE.
Requirements for Position
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and on your own.
- Ability to manage tasks under tight deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and move efficiently between different responsibilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and well organized.
- Good understanding of different types of finishing such as priming, spraining lacquer, spraying stains, and wiping stains.
- Good computer skills, ability to read schedule and operate timeclock.
- Knowledge of current labour and safety Standards.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$35.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saanichton, BC V8M 2A5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person