About Red River Co-op:
We have deep roots in our community. 85 years deep. And through the years we have proven our commitment to our members by making their priorities our priorities. We donate regularly to a wide range of organizations, feature local products prominently, and most importantly – give back to our members through profit sharing. We look to the past to inform our present core values.
But in this rapidly changing world, our roots ground us so that we can keep pace and innovate. We have grown from one standalone Gas Bar in downtown Winnipeg to an ever-expanding co-operative with 49 gas bar locations, 23 car washes, six cardlocks, nine food stores, two standalone pharmacies and an oil supply centre. Our fleet of trucks are on the road delivering fuel to farm and commercial accounts in Manitoba and northwestern Ontario.
And we just keep growing as we develop fresh, modern ways to deliver premium products with extraordinary customer service.
This role can be just the start of your career as there is ample opportunity for advancement within Red River Co-op. We are a proud member of the Co-operative Retailing System, a vast network of 160 retail Co-ops across western Canada.
Red River Co-op is recruiting for the position of Grocery Clerk (Department Backup) at our St. Vital Food Store located at 830 Dakota Street, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This position reports to the Grocery Manager.
Essential responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Assist the Grocery Manager in ensuring standards of department presentation and operations are met, including cleanliness and sanitation, food safety and food handling standards, inventory control, rotation, ordering and commitment buys, and the delivery of world-class customer service.
- Provide leadership and direction to employees in accordance with company policies, procedures, programs, merchandising standards and overall expectations.
- Assist with scheduling department staff to meet production and customer service needs.
- Assist with resolving problems that arise, such as customer complaints, supply shortages, and staffing issues.
- Open availability and willing to work different shifts including days, evenings and weekends.
- Available to work 40 hours per week.
- Strong organizational skills. This section is a key department in the store, and it’s important that the right amount of product is always on hand.
- Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Produce experience is an asset.
Red River Co-op welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process by contacting the Human Resources Division at (204) 631-4600, or [email protected], or in person at 10 Prairie Way in Winnipeg.
Red River Co-op offers a comprehensive total rewards package including group insurance, a strong pension plan, and an employee discount. Advancement opportunities abound in the Co-operative Retailing System, and we encourage ongoing professional development along with up to 100% reimbursement for post-secondary course work. Additional details will be shared with candidates as part of the interview process.